Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 1.25 inches of thread showing on the driverside and 1 inch on the passenger side. I also have the TSB done. My truck sits dead level at all 4 corners, 38" from ground to center of fender.

The ride is kinda firm though, I have about 1500 miles on the coilovers, will they soften up a little?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you ever get an answer on this, I am installing these coilovers this weekend and would like to know how much thread gives me 2.5", I know they come 2" from the factory. I would like to adjust before I slap them on, so can anybody shed some light on this? Or tell me how much thread exposed to get 2.5" lift out of these. Thanx

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ummm. YOu won't be able to adjust them till they are bolted into the truck. There will be no way to turn the collar with out having them bolted in place. But you are going to have install them and see how your truck sits. I would say you may need to add 4 turns to the driver side and you will be good. This should level you out and give you about 2.5 inches of lift.

·
'09 DC LB Sport+Leather
208 Posts
don't measure from ground as all tires are different (and different depending on pressure)

you should measure center of hub to fender, Stock is approx 20"

I can't remember the ratio, the mechanic gave it to me.. like 1.5 turn for 1/4 in lift..

·
'09 DC LB Sport+Leather
208 Posts
and anyway you'll have to put them on, let them settle then readjust.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One full turn gives my double cab 1/4 inch of lift. I am sure this would be more if you didn't have a double cab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts