Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Camry SE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth it? I have the Camry SE I4 and Im looking at getting a project car or a fun nice day driving car etc. Ive been lookin at the IS250 Maunal but for the price tag is it worth it????
The only thing that keeps me towards the IS250 is that it comes in manual. The IS350 is one of my choices but because it comes auto Im kinda shying away from it. The cars Ive been lookin at were the IS250 Manual and 350Z Track. I already tested and know the Camry v6 but....kinda dont want another camry and then theres the IS350 but it comes auto.

I guess I should ask as well how is the sport shift in the IS350? Does it shift quick like a stick? I know theres some sport shifters on some car manufactures that shift faster than a manual.

Also what price was your IS when you bought it and what kinda deals did you get? I hear some people ordered there IS is it because of big demand???

This will truely help me decide on what to get as a 2nd vechile.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
38 Posts
greycam07 said:
Is it worth it? I have the Camry SE I4 and Im looking at getting a project car or a fun nice day driving car etc. Ive been lookin at the IS250 Maunal but for the price tag is it worth it????
The only thing that keeps me towards the IS250 is that it comes in manual. The IS350 is one of my choices but because it comes auto Im kinda shying away from it. The cars Ive been lookin at were the IS250 Manual and 350Z Track. I already tested and know the Camry v6 but....kinda dont want another camry and then theres the IS350 but it comes auto.

I guess I should ask as well how is the sport shift in the IS350? Does it shift quick like a stick? I know theres some sport shifters on some car manufactures that shift faster than a manual.

Also what price was your IS when you bought it and what kinda deals did you get? I hear some people ordered there IS is it because of big demand???

This will truely help me decide on what to get as a 2nd vechile.

Thanks
John
If you really can't do without a manual then the IS350 or the new IS-F is not for you,...however, if you want one of the fastest four door sedans with Toyota build quality then the IS350 is the one you should get. The only reason for special ordering is if the car you want is not available the way you would like....i.e. NAV/ML with sport package in certain regions.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
if you want fun, get the IS250 6 speed in AWD..

if you want speed, go for the IS350..

i dont know why more car manufactures today dont put manual trannies in their cars as options...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Razo-E said:
if you want fun, get the IS250 6 speed in AWD..

if you want speed, go for the IS350..

i dont know why more car manufactures today dont put manual trannies in their cars as
options...
The 6 speed IS250 comes with RWD only. The AWD option is only available for the automatic/F1 style IS250

·
Zoom-Zoom
7,129 Posts
well that's some gay shit...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
its all marketing..why would they offer the 350 with manual option in the first year...it will prolly be avail in a year or two...

·
Registered
Camry SE
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope they switch the IS350 to maunal it be very very nice. From some magazines i read for a auto its impressive in acceleration but still. Ive been tryin to make time to go out and test drive a IS250 though idk if its worth the price for its power but from the quality and reliability most likely(wish it had atleast around 235-250hp). Ill have to test drive and find out if its good or what not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
clubfoot said:
If you really can't do without a manual then the IS350 or the new IS-F is not for you,...however, if you want one of the fastest four door sedans with Toyota build quality then the IS350 is the one you should get. The only reason for special ordering is if the car you want is not available the way you would like....i.e. NAV/ML with sport package in certain regions.
Sorry I have to correct this toyota build quality thing. It's "Lexus build quality." Built in the legendary Tahara and Kyushu plants. lol

·
Zoom-Zoom
7,129 Posts
not every Lexus is built in Japan, the RX comes from Canada, if i recall..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Go for the IS350. Once you drive the 250 and test drive the IS350 its that much quicker. Despite yes its not offered in manual. It still fast and quick. I would go test drive one and decidr for yourself. As for price. I paid 58,500 for the IS350 in canadian dollars with the sports package. Great deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts