Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Corolla LE
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been considering upgrading the front sway bar on my Rolla. I have the TRD rear sway bar, and TRD front strut bar, and I was looking to dial in the front end a bit more. I know that reducing body roll in the front will ultimately add some understeer, but I don't drive that aggressive to really see that being an issue. Mainly I want to even out the "dive" of the front end when cornering. Of note is that the struts in the front are stock height KYB setups, a little stiffer springs, but same height. I do not plan on lowering the car... again. lol. I could never clear snowbanks in front of the driveway with it lowered. Has anyone got any experience with any performance brand front swaybar?

·
Administrator
カローラxrs
12,797 Posts
I personally don't have experiences with the front sway bar. But, in theory, going with uneven diameters will create understeer.

You can do several things other than the sway bar. A chassis brace would stiffen the chassis laterally instead of in the corners. Ultimate racing is whom I recommend.

My setup on my corolla is a dc2 front strut bar, progress 24mm rear sway bar, and an ultimate racing chassis brace. This brace is attached behind the rear seat. My struts are original, so pretty confident that if I put a new set in, it would handle better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts