Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way to clean the throttle body and the fuel injectors? Is there any sort of spray or something that I could use? Also, what's everyone's opinions on oil and fuel additives? Do they really do anything? The reason I ask is 'cause there's this stuff called Restore USA that supposedly restores lost compression. I've heard it's good, but I don't really know. Also, do the fuel additives that supposedly clean fuel injectors really work?

·
Registered
226 Posts
A gas tank, fuel injector cleaner seemed to work pretty good on a GM car I used to drive when the injectors were getting clogged. Just add the recommended amount to a full tank of gas, and your good to go. Most performance shops, or places like Autozone or Pepboys sell throttle body cleaner. Just get yourself an old toothbrush, remove the intake piping, open the throttle body, spray the cleaner, and scrub with the toothbrush. You should notice the car will feel and respond much better, after all that black gunk comes out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.