Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well 2 days ago my car started to mmake a weird stusddering sound out of the exhaust, i was told it was plugs, and this sputtering sound was lasting for aBOUT 5 MIN, so then i put in the new plugs today, i threw in 10 for gaS AND FLUE INJECTOR CLEANER, AND IT DID IT FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS, BUT THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING WAS GETTING TO THE 2 plugs under th throttle body, any one have any tips or anywebsites on how to take it off... thanks

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
- "Sputtering" doesn't tell us anything. Was this at idle? Was this while driving? etc. Details are important.

- Fuel injector cleaner is largely a scam.

- Loosen the coupler at the throttlebody from the 3000 pipe. Remove the two 12mm bolts near the passenger side of the 3000 pipe, loosen the coupler on the other side of the 3000 pipe, and remove. It's not that difficult. It's just as difficult as gettint the rear two plugs under the throttle linkage assembly, but you seem to have done that. :)

What are your plugs gapped at?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the plugs are gapped at i belive 1.1 mm and it is when u start the car it is a sputtering, it eveuntally fixes itself but then does it at idle, there is alot of smoke, i was told it might be the flue injectors spraying to much gas. th smoke kinda smells like coolant but it isnt a h.g

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Plain and simple, you don't know that it's not a headgasket. Also, Fuel injectors don't just randomly start spraying too much fuel. With computer control that doesn't just happen.

If you're an NA that gap size is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts