Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone no what this might be?? After driving my 1999 Camry 4cyl, when I shut it off I hear a tic, tic, tic, tic sound and it continues for at leat 5-10 mins, any ideas?

·
Nostalgia Member
6,609 Posts
like mike said, thats normal - its your hot exhaust cooling down

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
54 Posts
You need a new GNS(Gnome notification system)
When you shut the engine off, normally the GNS tells all the gnomes to stop working.

Your system is partially failing, since when you shut the engine off the GNS doesn't tell all the Gnomes to stop. Some remain working until word of mouth gets around and they quit. If you keep accidentally overworking this portion of gnomes, it will breed resentment for you, and possibly lead to a Gnome rebellion; resulting in engine failure.

Only the dealership can fix the GNS, get ready for a big bill. Also, since many dealership techs are new guys, they aren't very familiar with these older cars; so print this thread out and bring it in to help with the diagnosis.

·
1994 5S-FYOU!
1994 Toyota Camry
1,602 Posts
You need a new GNS(Gnome notification system)
When you shut the engine off, normally the GNS tells all the gnomes to stop working.

Your system is partially failing, since when you shut the engine off the GNS doesn't tell all the Gnomes to stop. Some remain working until word of mouth gets around and they quit. If you keep accidentally overworking this portion of gnomes, it will breed resentment for you, and possibly lead to a Gnome rebellion; resulting in engine failure.

Only the dealership can fix the GNS, get ready for a big bill. Also, since many dealership techs are new guys, they aren't very familiar with these older cars; so print this thread out and bring it in to help with the diagnosis.

I thought mine was better, but that was funny too :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts