Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..i have the 3-leaf packs on my 08' 4x4...and i dont wanna get the TSB done really...but i wanna put some 5100's on the fron at .85" setting...and i dont wanna have to worry about the rear being lower when i have any weight on it...do the timbreins make it not sag or just not sag any more once the springs are touching them? and i wondered about the supersprings too..which would work better for me...thanks

·
lover of teh boobies
'05 Tacoma AccessCab
2,547 Posts
Why wouldn't you get the TSB done if it's free.. You're wanting to spend money? Or are you concerned about the amount of lift that the TSB gives the rear?

·
Premium Member
Was a 05 Tacoma 4x4 DC LB
14,137 Posts
The timbrens are going to come into play when the bed sags a certain amount. They're about 2 inches taller (or is it 3 inches?) than the stock overload stops. With a tonneau and 2 60-pound sandbags in the back, mine barely touches the timbrens when parked. If you're getting 5100s on the front, though, I would go get the TSB done.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the Timbrens. I would have preferred the TSB, but as far as I know it still does not apply to single-cab trucks. :-/

That said, the Timbrens don't do much of anything until you have about 200 lbs of weight in the bed. Then they make contact, and provide a lot more resistance, and are much stiffer than the leaf springs. The ride is more abrupt with a lot less suspension travel, so it's a bit more harsh.

·
Offical Tacoma Driver
2008 Indigo DC LB
157 Posts
I have the ss and not only do they aid with weight or trailer they also lift the truck. I had the tsb plus 1.5 blocks and the ss set at the max level and I had like 3.5 inches of lift. I thought it was to racked so I switched out the blocks to 1" and set the ss at the lower level now for me it is perfect.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I gotta throw my vote in for the Timbrens...they basically work like an extra long progressive bump stop, and they work very well...truck only sags about a couple inches with our boat attached...usually it would be about at the bump stops...

and for $200ish bucks its nice on the wallet

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well see i kinda dont want the stiffer ride that goes along with the TSB that most people say...and on some trucks it seems to set the rear up quite a bit! and some u cant tell...so who knows what mine would do! if it would just lift the rear like 1/2 inch then that would be ok...but i dont want it to ride stiffer...so i dont know what to do

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the Timbrens. I have yet to use them with very heavy load but after the research I have done, they should work wonders. Currently the rear of my truck is about 1-1.5" taller and the gap between the timbrens and the frame is about 2" so my truck should basically be a little lower in the back with large load. I went with timbrens because I wanted to keep my stock spring rate for offroading purposes. Anyways, here are a couple pics of them compressed with my old suspension set up, they do limit up travel a little, but I have the shock extenders so they basically help prevent the shock from bottoming out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts