Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Broken Legged S Owner
2010 Corolla S
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got settlement check for $25,000 from my accident last year. I thinking it maybe be time for some new parts.
First on my list is some cash towards a house. But VA loans require zero down:thumbsup::D. Gotta find one with a garage.
Then the important stuff, put some away. Then Part time.
What you guys think for the list?

·
Broken Legged S Owner
2010 Corolla S
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Save it towards getting a better car.
Id rather have something cheap and reliable. Corollas are common. But I like to make mine unique. That way i have a cheap, reliable, fuel efficient car that looks nice.
Plus being 19 something nicer wouldnt cut the budget for insurance.
Im thinkin a few years down the line itll be the ft-86 if it comes to the US.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Id rather have something cheap and reliable. Corollas are common. But I like to make mine unique. That way i have a cheap, reliable, fuel efficient car that looks nice.
The FT86 will be here before you know it.

2012 is the stated model year so the final production car should be revealed sometime next fall if Toyota adheres to their timelines.

$25K can probably get you on the waiting list for one. I would hold onto my cash instead of wasting it on mods for that very reason.

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
They are making the FT-86 a sedan. Dissapointing for some, for me, all the more convincing of a arguement to get one.

·
Broken Legged S Owner
2010 Corolla S
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are making the FT-86 a sedan. Dissapointing for some, for me, all the more convincing of a arguement to get one.
Although Coupes look nicer. Sedans are way more practical. Cheaper to Insure, and more room.
However i prefer the FT be a coupe. Maybe itll be both?

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
Hopefully it comes in a sedan, I rather restore something to be a sunday car.

·
Broken Legged S Owner
2010 Corolla S
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully it comes in a sedan, I rather restore something to be a sunday car.
Thats my alternative idea. Im thinkin a Second generation camaro. Fairly priced, but fun to drive

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
deposit it in a CD or some other interest bearing account for 6m months until you figure it out. while you're young, discipline your self to save instead of spending it like theres no tomorrow. 6 months isnt that long, especially when you see the interest start to add up.

Reactions: v8eaterWRX

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
+1.
Money can buy anything. Cash on hand gives you a better say.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,781 Posts
Save it towards getting a better car.
I think the Corolla is a nice car, you could do a lot worse. Most people that are only 19 are not driving around in a new $18k car. My first new car only had a rear window defroster for an option. No radio, manual windows & locks, no carpet as it had a vinyl mat instead, no a/c. Flash ahead almost 30 years & I'm driving the same car as you. :lol: I do love my Corolla though. I feel that it's a nice car without wasting money.

I say you keep your Corolla, spend a little if you wish to personalize it, and save up money for a home. Buying a house will always be a bigger deal than a car. When you are older & making more money than you can get a bigger, faster, more expensive car of your liking. :D I'm looking forward to paying off my house & knowing that I have a $400k emergency fund if I ever needed it. ;)

·
350whp grocery getter
2010 Corolla S
488 Posts
Your car is a depreciating asset. Spending any large amount of money into it is a bad move. Save the money. That 25k is worth around $543k at retirement with an assumed 8% year over year and assuming you're 25. Your Corolla is worth about $400 at that same time. Just a little food for thought.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
buy a house anyone can get a new car w/ 1k down... get something worth investing for

·
Registered
has no license plate
982 Posts
cmon guys, im sure he wont be doing 25k dollars worth of mods on his car. so he will definitely have money left over for investments after he mods his car.

·
Registered
629 Posts
So I just got settlement check for $25,000 from my accident last year. I thinking it maybe be time for some new parts.
First on my list is some cash towards a house. But VA loans require zero down:thumbsup::D. Gotta find one with a garage.
Then the important stuff, put some away. Then Part time.
What you guys think for the list?
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355019
look for superchargermr2's list (Jim's), that would give u a great list to follow

1 - 16 of 16 Posts