Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been watching and reading this board for over six years now. My first HL was a 2014 XLE and then a 2016 Limited and now the 2018 Platinum. Have enjoyed all of them and have only moved from one to another to upgrade safety features each time.

Hopefully I’ve helped steer some here to decent deals over the years with my background in the business as a sales manager and gsm.

But, it’s time to move on. Not a real fan of the new 2020 HL so I picked up a new RX350 today for the wife. Went from a 2010 ES350 into the 14 HL so going back to a Lexus doesn’t come as a surprise to me.

This has been fun. You all stay safe with this crappy weather that’s pretty much nationwide right now.

·
Registered
673 Posts
They are
Been watching and reading this board for over six years now. My first HL was a 2014 XLE and then a 2016 Limited and now the 2018 Platinum. Have enjoyed all of them and have only moved from one to another to upgrade safety features each time.

Hopefully I’ve helped steer some here to decent deals over the years with my background in the business as a sales manager and gsm.

But, it’s time to move on. Not a real fan of the new 2020 HL so I picked up a new RX350 today for the wife. Went from a 2010 ES350 into the 14 HL so going back to a Lexus doesn’t come as a surprise to me.

This has been fun. You all stay safe with this crappy weather that’s pretty much nationwide right now.
They are the same under the skin are they not?

·
Registered
827 Posts
My guess is more similarity with the Venza for chassis length etc. except for suspension and ride height and of course the Lexus luxury and other Lexus specific equipment...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are

They are the same under the skin are they not?
Yup. It was all about the options with this purchase. This has the Luxury option, Color HUD and triple beam LED headlights and the touch free power rear door.

Much quieter than my HL was and just feels more solid. But, in the grand scheme of things it’s just another piece of metal but knowing my wife of 50 years pretty well, it will more than likely be her last ride so she might as well go out on a high note.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yup. It was all about the options with this purchase. This has the Luxury option, Color HUD and triple beam LED headlights and the touch free power rear door.

Much quieter than my HL was and just feels more solid. But, in the grand scheme of things it’s just another piece of metal but knowing my wife of 50 years pretty well, it will more than likely be her last ride so she might as well go out on a high note.
Good choice, if one wants luxury with Toyota, better to go with Lexus, than Toyota limited models, like highlander platinum, as the luxury is more built in, NVH enhancements, LED etc etc

·
Registered
121 Posts
Congrats on the Lexus. I'm sure they contain a bit more craftsmanship with interior attention to detail . Drive train is comparable as Toyota v-6s are magnificent . Not being a Cadillac person I am very satisfied with the XLE AWD. Too many expensive hobbies like early sixties Corvettes and residential landscape toys take up our extra budget. Its all in perspective. We spend more time on our property in great surroundings including natures incredible animal sightings. All of us have our " high notes ". Hope your Lexus performs to Toyotas highest standards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gorgeous car. Good for you. I am driving my first highlander (2016) and loving it. If I got a Lexus I’d sure want one like yours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts