Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, most here are running big pipes and the sound is deep ominous booming.

I was thinking of going a different tack.

Anybody here hear a smaller hot m/benz wind up?
It makes this flat 'brappppp' sound that I like. You don't hear it unles you are really standing on the gas. How do they do this? They seem to be using small pipes I think. Any ideas? ai had a benz 190 2.3 16V when i live in LA and the sound echoing back got me hot.

Also high flow cats, do they really work? I have searched and come away more confused. Do they work more efficiently or they just have larger diameters.

So like in my ride, I can discount headers and y pipes because of availibity, I would like a nice not loud sound. The Standard v6 is too quiet.

Since I am the grocery getter, i should at least car running and sounding nicer

What are my real options?
I mean I know I need a cat, center box and rear box.

·
^
4,197 Posts
If you plan on going with headers and a y pipe, those will automatically make the sound deeper and louder. Adding a higher flow cat will make it louder, removing the resonator will make it higher pitched and piping size will also dictate pitch and loudness. An intake will also have an effect.

As for making it sound similar to an MBZ, maybe check Remus' website to see how their exhausts are engineered. Personally, I love the sound of high revving straight sixes, kinda like that brrrRRRAAP sound you described.

·
Mighty Flying Family Sedn
Camry
510 Posts
i heard a guy floor his CL 600.... and i was in love.

the sound from his exhaust was something i never heard b4!

gotta love german engineering!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts