Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i own a 92 celica gt with a 5sfe and recently blew the head gasket so during the tear down process i didnt really mark the cams, and im in the process of putting it all back together now but i have a slight problem with the cams, when installing them i know you have to align the marks on the gears but what i do not get is which ones and wouldnt the cam be hard to install since it would try to push the valves open any help would be much apreciated thanks

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Check the 3rd & 4th Gen Camry forum here in Toyota Nation. There is an excellent thread in it regarding the process of putting the engine back together again. I wish I could provide some pages from the shop manual to you, but I just learned that is copyright infringement and I can't do that anymore.

I can tell you that there are two sets of marks on the cam gears. One set is assembly marks (which you would not use) and the other side is the timing marks (which you would use). A thread in the Carmy forum will show this clearly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot i got the cams in and i ran into another problem vacuum hose routing, i have the diagram for the lines but i have 2 lines that come off of a hard line that is bolted to the back of the intake and the hoses were just pluged off where do i route these lines?

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Are the 2 rubber vacuum hoses that are plugged off, that come off this hard line bolted to the back of the intake manifold, the only two rubber vacuum hoses that come off this hard line?

I will probably have to jack my car up and get under it to see what these might be, which I can try to get at later today.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
MR2Jedi, so you mean I can copy and post pages from a service manual in this forum, I just can't provide a link to an online service manual in this forum? Do I have this understood right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are the 2 rubber vacuum hoses that are plugged off, that come off this hard line bolted to the back of the intake manifold, the only two rubber vacuum hoses that come off this hard line?

I will probably have to jack my car up and get under it to see what these might be, which I can try to get at later today.
yeah they are bolted to the back of the intake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts