Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
club momentum moves you !
06 Tacoma X-Runner
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hooked up my MSD 6BTM and tach adapter in my car, im currently running from 10 - 11psi and i retarded the timing by 4degrees from start. What i was wondering was.. what would you recommend i set the timing for the BTM for running 4degrees retarded from start and at 10 - 11psi ? i had it at 1degree per psi and i lost so much highend it wasnt funny lol.. um.. guess it was too retarded ? :lol: i took it up to 10psi at that time.. any advice would be great, thanks in advance !

-shook

BTW. thanks 88 LE for the help ! appreciate it

·
My other car is a Camry
Camry
2,318 Posts
I'd say just keep lowering the retard/boost until the car pulls nicely without any pinging.

One problem with the BTM at higher boosts is how the timing curve is linear... If you have a chance, try to get better engine management so you can have control over the ignition tables at all boost pressures.

·
club momentum moves you !
06 Tacoma X-Runner
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know,since i got more air and more fuel the only upgrade i didnt do is ignition.. after the dyno, seeing how my spark might be getting blown out i figure its time to upgrade the spark. So i wouldve ended up getting MSD ignition anyways and try the boost time retard and try to control timing as well since it was available. So when i decide i want to upgrade from my Apexi S-AFC to a Apexi Power FC id still have use for the MSD ignition :). Right now i have the BTM set at around .25* to .4* per psi and it seems to be pulling nice and havent heard pinging but i havent had a chance to take it to 11psi to see if my misfiring problem is solved yet.. but thanks for the reply and advice Tony, ill keep everyone updated when i get to take it up to full boost.

-shook

1 - 3 of 3 Posts