Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..
I've got an 87 MR2 and nobody will look at the timing... Is anybody able to explain how to do it? It would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Angelic:

Unless the distributor was recently removed from the car, or the car was tuned by a product of generations of inbreeding . . . . the timing will not need to be checked or altered.

If you engine is running bad, its most likely going to be caused by a Fuel injection issue. Next most likely is an ignition issue.

What you should be asking for is a Diagnostic Code Check. Thats the best way to figure out what ails your car.

So what's a nice Shirley like you doing in a seedy chatroom like this one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it's the timing because a mechanic told me so, yet wouldn't look at it for me :hammer: I have the diagnostic codes and have all that worked out *need more money to fix the problems*

And... hows this a seedy place :p:

·
Registered
86 Posts
^ go to another mechanic, it litterally takes 3 min to check timing, 10 to adjust... If you jumped a tooth expect to pay $150-400 to get your belt replaced.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Gimme a bit to find a manual to see exactly how different it is then on a 3S-GTE as I have never worked on an AW11...

·
Registered
86 Posts
^ O.k gimme your email address and I'll send you everything you need to know to check/adjust your timing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts