Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
lately some member keep asking about tinting so i make this thread for everything have question about TINT.
so post up yur tint(day n night), percentage(%), n yur interior color(bc this make a big different)the more pics the better.
Remember this is all about tint so keep everything on topic if not ill delete everything is not relate to TINT.
thanks
PLEASE fill this out
INTERIOR COLOR
FRONT %
REAR %

also taillights n headlight r welcome too

ok ill go first :D
black
Front 50%
Rear 35%
day time

nite time

THX for all the pics n the ones r coming

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts
Sorry... but I honestly don't see a point of this thread... Tints are tints...

There's 5%, 15%, 20%, 30%, 35%, and 50%. (15% and 30%, exist but not common). With 5% being the darkest and getting lighter as the number increases.

35% is the save norm and the legal limit in most states

Tinting the entire front windshield is illegal.

This is probably all the information people will need.

Otherwise, this is just another picture post thread...

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts

There's 5%, 15%, 20%, 30%, 35%, and 50%. (15% and 30%, exist but not common). With 5% being the darkest and getting lighter as the number increases.

Front windshield is illegal.

No, depends on the jurisdiction. Some allow 4" at the top and some allow to the AS1 mark (they might be the same thing but I'm not certain).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Tinting the entire front windshield is illegal.

bc this can be for other members. i know the %, but other wants to know
plus most members dont post ther tint info. this is for sharing n info.
i think this will help everyone rather then have new member open a new thread asking about more info.
some pp just want to see how it looks on the car.
im just trying to help here

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts
bc this can be for other members. i know the %, but other wants to know
plus most members dont post ther tint info. this is for sharing n info.
i think this will help everyone rather then have new member open a new thread asking about more info.
some pp just want to see how it looks on the car.
im just trying to help here
Hahaha... you think this thread will help prevent new members from creating new threads :facepalm:

There's a reason most ppl don't post tints... they're just tints... and most just go the legal limit... 20% if bold

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
I love you Kenny <3
but... i don't see the use of this thread lol. Might be useful. I hate tint neways lol
I say we keep it , but only maybe a few pics ...
Also keep it strictly pics.

But then again, depending on the weather, day, angle, camera etc etc there is too many variables when trying to show tine. But I guess it gives the user an Idea.

Was thinking of doing a thread like this for HID temperature/wattage combo. But decided not to... was going to get too many "search" responses. :facepalm:
What do you guys think though? Strictly HID setup with pics only. Cut off pic, and pic of the appearance on the car with only useful info such as brand, temp, wattage etc.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
The thread is good and staying :)

Interior is black leather.
Front in the first pic is 35%
Rear 5%

The second pic the front is 20% (i got them darker)
rear is the same

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts
I say we keep it , but only maybe a few pics ...
Also keep it strictly pics.

But then again, depending on the weather, day, angle, camera etc etc there is too many variables when trying to show tine. But I guess it gives the user an Idea.

Was thinking of doing a thread like this for HID temperature/wattage combo. But decided not to... was going to get too many "search" responses. :facepalm:
What do you guys think though? Strictly HID setup with pics only. Cut off pic, and pic of the appearance on the car with only useful info such as brand, temp, wattage etc.
With the HIDs it's the same thing...
Most ppl will not go for retrofits...
Most ppl will say go with 5000K for OEM brightness and color...
All cutoff pics of HID kits are the same...
Everyone will mention having the squirrel spotters covered...
Few of the new members will ask about squirrel spotters...
Some experienced member will provide the link...
Thread will die off...

No point of creating one thread that you THINK will prevent future threads on the same topic

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
It's not so much for preventing future threads of the same subject, but if you can accumulate alot of info and pictures of the different tints actually on the cars, it could really help members visualize what their car would look like with similar tinting.
In a search, you could get alot of info and ideas from this 1 thread.Those who think it's a waste of time aren't required to open or participate in the thread.

·
i love emmanuelle chriqui
1,849 Posts
i think it's a good thread..i wanna see pics of tints with different color cars.. combinations etc...

·
Low & Slow Cam
2009 Camry Le
2,761 Posts
it's supposed to look "foggy" in the back window for the most part... it'll go away after a week with your tints

make sure not to roll down your windows for at least a few days... I hope the guys told you that at least

I have suntek 30% all around and I love it
yeah he told me 5 days, and today is the 5th so i rolled them down. its foggy or anything just like i explained in my first post, is yours like that too? man you live in philly? i live in quakertown if you know where that is. lol

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Here's mine.

I love my windows tint cause I can still see pretty good at night, especially when reversing out of a parking lot. :D I forgot what brand it is and what percent, it's been a year. :(

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.