Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 40 of 167 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'd love to tint my windows, but with all the fracken deer running around here at night, I wanna keep my visibilty as clear and bright as possible.I see a dozen or so every night on my way home from work-having near misses 2 or 3 times/week.
Hopefully I'll see something here that may work for me.
wow thats crazy, oh deer :lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
18,762 Posts
wow thats crazy, oh deer :lol::lol::lol:
:lol: yep, the last 4 months of last year I hit 3. 1 did $3,100.00 worth of damage. The other 2 were just headlights and a turn signal.
I don't know anything about tinting windows.
What is the lightest you can go on the side windows that will keep direct sunlight tolerable?

BTW, everyone whos posted pics so far has some really good looking cars/windows.:thumbup:

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Russ 35% all around isn't too dark. I get you with the deer thing.

On my way up north the redhead saw a deer and she was amazed and i was like "what??" she goes "you didn't just see the deer???" :lol: It was 12am...i was just concentraing on getting us there safe..

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
:lol: yep, the last 4 months of last year I hit 3. 1 did $3,100.00 worth of damage. The other 2 were just headlights and a turn signal.
What is the lightest you can go on the side windows that will keep direct sunlight tolerable?

BTW, everyone whos posted pics so far has some really good looking cars/windows.:thumbup:
There are films that will cut UV and heat without affecting visible light transmission much.

For example: Lumar Air Blue has 80% visible light transmission but rejects 43% heat and 99% UV

·
Premium Member
08' Tacoma Dbl Cab
5,556 Posts
Wish I had some recent pics.

I have 35% Formula ONE Pinnacle full ceramic tint all around and it looks and feels great. :D
I have this tint on my front windows, and love it! It is so nice to not cook when the sun is shining directly in the window. When I have some more money I am going to have it put on the rear windows as well, even tho they came tinted from the factory.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

wow thats really suck, i think invest in a good retro will help u a lot, more light better view, why not. plus retro>$3100 in a long run. man i only see 2 in my life here. oh well its just depend on where u live too. i love my tint, just enough

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
wow thats really suck, i think invest in a good retro will help u a lot, more light better view, why not. plus retro>$3100 in a long run. man i only see 2 in my life here. oh well its just depend on where u live too. i love my tint, just enough

yeah, but when he spends the cash on a retro, and then hits a deer and destroys it, he's out even more cashola.

I have like ~30% on the front, and ~18% on the back.(idk, its been 4 years, and I just told the dude to tint them close to legal up front, and darker out back.) My interior is black. The fronts were originally darker(maybe 25%), but one shop wouldn't pass me on inspection, so i ran back and we retinted the fronts a little lighter.

really want to get some smoked tail light overlays from bluebat, but apparently his customer service sucks...

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
To all,
To keep Tint info in one thread I'm going to merge this thread to the Kenny's thread.
Please be patience as you will see quite a bit a threads move around. This is so we don't have a lot of Tint threads and keep it easier to search.

21 - 40 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.