Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 60 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
Tinted led tail light pic request

hey guys i was wondering if anybody that had the led tail lights had them tinted with the white clear? i was thinking about having a friend of mine that tints do it but i was curious to what it was going to look like

·
Registered
09 Camry SE V6
1,574 Posts
nice...now is that the dark tint or the lighter tint?

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah i emailed blue bat and he said that was the 6/10 tint. i couldnt find pictures of the 3/10 he stated in the email, but 6/10 looks better anyway. lammydi, is it easier putting the vinyl on the tail lights when its on the car or off the car?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
yeah i emailed blue bat and he said that was the 6/10 tint. i couldnt find pictures of the 3/10 he stated in the email, but 6/10 looks better anyway. lammydi, is it easier putting the vinyl on the tail lights when its on the car or off the car?
It is easier putting the vinyl on when the taillight is on the car but you have to have some experience with Tint/Vinyl Overlay. If you haven't done it before then I suggest have the pro install it.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
It is easier putting the vinyl on when the taillight is on the car but you have to have some experience with Tint/Vinyl Overlay. If you haven't done it before then I suggest have the pro install it.
Bluebat have local installer from Riverside. Just ask him

·
Registered
133 Posts
Is there big difference between 35% and 20% ? I want to get 20% but if it is nearly same darkness as 35% then i'd rather go for higher one since it is legal in my state.

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
Is there big difference between 35% and 20% ? I want to get 20% but if it is nearly same darkness as 35% then i'd rather go for higher one since it is legal in my state.
very big difference, it also depends on the interior of your car

with a beige interior and 35%... it's almost as if you don't even have tint

I opted for 30% because even though mass law states 35%, the tint I have is still very visible

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys i have no idea what i am doing when it comes to tinting so if anyone has any helpful info that would be great.

I have an 07 Red Camry with i bisque interior and i was wondering if anyone had any pics of what it loks like with the tinted windows. Also If anyone could help me out with a good place to get this done in the chicagoland area. Also which type of film should i look at and about how much should this cost?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
Hey guys i have no idea what i am doing when it comes to tinting so if anyone has any helpful info that would be great.

I have an 07 Red Camry with i bisque interior and i was wondering if anyone had any pics of what it loks like with the tinted windows. Also If anyone could help me out with a good place to get this done in the chicagoland area. Also which type of film should i look at and about how much should this cost?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
with a bisque interior, darker would be better... I'd say 20-25%... it's dark enough so people can't see your face (my preference)

I've seen a couple gen6 camrys (bisque int) with 35%...it's pretty much see through..but 35% is very reasonable because you can see the inside from out almost the same as without tint...(what I'm saying is it won't get you in trouble with any authority...9.9 times out of 10)

35% is illegal in your state but the greater portion of the tint demographic is anywhere from 15-35% though

bhizzle you should look at everyone's camrys in this forum... almost all of them are tinted and there's plenty of pics too

here's a yelp search of your area tint shops

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Dave.

I read that too about the 35% being almost see through so i was thinking going darker too. Any ideas on which brand type i should go for or are they all the same qualities. And if anyone has a price mark i can look for to be sure im getting a good price. Thanks!

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
Thanks Dave.

I read that too about the 35% being almost see through so i was thinking going darker too. Any ideas on which brand type i should go for or are they all the same qualities. And if anyone has a price mark i can look for to be sure im getting a good price. Thanks!
um, if you looked at the yelp search I provided for you, it should be a good start

if I were you, I'd pay for quality of work for tint... not by how cheap someone is offering... because I was ok with paying 180 while other competition was 200+... now after 2 months I noticed about 4-5 razor blade-like lines on my tint because they didn't fit the tint perfect ( or my other assumption is they messed up during installation and had to cut out that part and replace)

now... as for your car... obviously the darker you go, the nicer it is, it's all about if the cops near you care

I live in Philadelphia and the cops couldn't care less how dark... any way good luck and please use google or yelp to find a local shop

41 - 60 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.