Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my '09 Corolla tinted, and I'm a little confused about the different types of tints. I'm looking for something that wont bubble or turn purple and whatnot. I live in California, so I'm a bit confused on what's legal regarding the front side windows, but I would like to have them tinted at least a little bit just to give the car a more uniform look.

Also, what are some of the percentages you guys have gotten?

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
70 Posts
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

I am also planing on tinting my windows.

·
1st Corolla/1st Car
2009 Corolla S
243 Posts
i'm also getting my corolla tinted sometime this summer. Probably going with 20% all around. in ontario 35% is the "legal" limit for the driver windows, the rear windows 5% is acceptable by law. i'll post some pics, however that wont be till july or maybe even august.

·
Registered
301 Posts
IM in cali..and im at 20% all around. Dont drive like an ass and you wont have problems. ALSO..i am changing it to 15% at some point this year :)

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
Make sure the shop offers life time warranty then you're safe.

my Camry is 35%F and 5%R (i know i'm in the 'Rolla forum, just helping out)

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
Does anyone have a Blue rolla S with their windows tinted at 35 front 20 back? I am also planning to get mine done this summer (probably the end of this month :D:D) and want to see what it looks like on the blue car...

steelman where are you going to get your fronts done at 20 since 35 is what is legal?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I'm thinking of going with 35% on the front and 20% on the back. I have the metallic blue, so cutipie19, I'll post pictures if that's what I end up getting.

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
Thanks I'd appreciate that! I'm excited to see. There aren't too many around here that colour with them tinted. Guy down the road has a grey one and it looks sweet tinted!

·
1st Corolla/1st Car
2009 Corolla S
243 Posts
Does anyone have a Blue rolla S with their windows tinted at 35 front 20 back? I am also planning to get mine done this summer (probably the end of this month :D:D) and want to see what it looks like on the blue car...

steelman where are you going to get your fronts done at 20 since 35 is what is legal?

all depends when i get it. more than likely i'll do it in st.catharines, on, by tint boys. or in brampton, on by tint world.

by law, this is what the ontario law is: " Ontario - For the driver’s compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver’s compartment, any film can be installed."

so as you can read, its essentially up to the police officer and his/her digression.

·
First time Corolla owner
2009 Corolla
573 Posts
all depends when i get it. more than likely i'll do it in st.catharines, on, by tint boys. or in brampton, on by tint world.

by law, this is what the ontario law is: " Ontario - For the driver’s compartment, right and left, no film can be installed that would substantially obscure visibility from the exterior. Behind the driver’s compartment, any film can be installed."

so as you can read, its essentially up to the police officer and his/her digression.

lol so basically do them at 20 and never speed or get pulled over and you'll be good (Y)! lol
Good to know, thanks! I never thought of doing mine in Brampton. I know of a place in Richmond hill that's dirt cheap (believe it's 199.00 taxes in). that's a bit far for you to drive though I suppose... and i'm not sure if they will break the legal rule.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
lol so basically do them at 20 and never speed or get pulled over and you'll be good (Y)! lol
Good to know, thanks! I never thought of doing mine in Brampton. I know of a place in Richmond hill that's dirt cheap (believe it's 199.00 taxes in). that's a bit far for you to drive though I suppose... and i'm not sure if they will break the legal rule.
If the cops think they're too dark you'll be pulled over regardless of speed...

·
1st Corolla/1st Car
2009 Corolla S
243 Posts

yeah tint world in brampton i think on dixie is running me about $149.99+tax with a lifetime warranty ($99.99+tax for the 1 year warranty).

and as tinting %, they'll do whatever % you want. it's up to you. technically there isnt a law on how much you can and can't do.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
yeah tint world in brampton i think on dixie is running me about $149.99+tax with a lifetime warranty ($99.99+tax for the 1 year warranty).

and as tinting %, they'll do whatever % you want. it's up to you. technically there isnt a law on how much you can and can't do.
What brand of tint do they use? (i'm asking for Cuti lol) And i want my front windows done again. at 20%

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got back, and I think it looks pretty good. I got a "dark" tint (20%) on the back and a "light" tint (32%) on the front. I love the way it looks, but the front now seems REALLY dark when driving, haha. I guess I'll just get used to it. I'm glad I got this done before summer hits.

·
Just getting started...
1,473 Posts
I just got mine done from Audio Heaven in Richmond Hill last weekend.
I got 20% all around including the sunroof and the front banner.
I'll take some pics at the meet tonight and post em up.

Cutipie, you coming to the west end meet in Mississauga tonight?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts