Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has some photo's of their Highlander with tinted side windows and what % of tint you went with. Also what maintenance issues you may have with the tint.
Cleaning, scratches, etc. Thx

·
Registered
117 Posts
toobroke said:
Just wondering if anyone has some photo's of their Highlander with tinted side windows and what % of tint you went with. Also what maintenance issues you may have with the tint.
Cleaning, scratches, etc. Thx

Sorry I dont have pics but all I have is factory tint in the rear passenger/cargo windows. Now when u want aftermarket window tints make sure you go with metalized film. Metalized ones are little more pricey but it'll last you lifetime where as the normal dye ones will change/fade its colour over 3 years or so and will scratch easier too.

As far as % goes my personal preference is 20 percent all around but I'm not sure if thats legal or not. If not, go 20 in the rear and 35 on the front passenger windows.

Now honestly I've never had any maintenance issues with aftermarket tints on any of my cars. You just have to get a good installer to get it done who has lifetime warrantee or at least 2yrs.
Only important factor is to use AUTOMOTIVE WINDOW CLEANER that says SAFE FOR ALL TINTS. If you clean ur tint / window with Windex I've heard that it may mess up the colour in the long run.

ALso I dont know where ur radio antannae is located but the metalized tints interferes with radio reception if u have ur ant in the glass. But if your ant is on the car outside, u dont have to worry about that.

Sorry about the long writeup but heres the run-down.

-Make sure to use METALIZED FILM. as long as u have ant buit on the car....not in the glass.
-Go with 20percent
-Get a written warantee with good installer.
-Always use proper Automotive glass cleaner.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts