Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finally got my car tinted at what is known to be a pretty good tint shop. I didn't look carefully enough while I was there but their are little bubbles scattered across all the 5 tinted windows. Is this a normal case when getting ones' car tinted? Was $200 a reasonable to get 5 windows tinted? Job looks good from the outside but some reason I feel like I got gypped.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
did you just get it tinted? The tinter should have told you that little bubbles are normal the first few days and will dissapear soon. If not, to come back and he will fix it. I myself have never heard of Protect Gard. Depending on how good the job looks and what brand of tint, 200 can be reasonable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, just got it done an hr ago. Yea, I was looking up google and there were very limited information about other than it was presented at SEMA car shows. Anyone else have any input on the bubbles and the brand?

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I have little bubbles on my tint too, I have at least 1 on every window. They're really small though, you can't see it unless you're looking for it.

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
yeh i have a few also
nothing that is supper noticeable tho
like GTR's ugly car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahh... how much did you guys pay to get the tinting done and anyone heard of protect gard tint film? If so, how are they in the long run?

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
I have the Solar Gard HP True Grey window film, and I paid $150 for everything with lifetime warranty.

I think little bubbles are normal for aftermarket tints.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Never heard of Protect Guard. I'd be more worried about delamination, adhesive failure, or discoloration. Does it come with warranty?

I had my car tinted with 3M CS and it was $250 in San Bruno for 7 windows.

I once had my car tinted in Santa Clara somewhere for $180. I have no idea what type of tint was used, but I'm not making that mistake again. After about a year or so, the tint had faded some. With the windows partly rolled down, I could definitely tell which part of the glass sits in the window frame.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tint comes with lifetime warranty, looks good thus far but I'm not sure if it'll change over time. I live in San Jose which is part of Santa Clara I believe. Where did u get it done at? Is your 4 banger dropped? Doenst look that bad.

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously I have no comment regarding this thread itself but:

FREAKING HILARIOUS!!

PS. I have no bubbles after the first few days.

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
why is it funny? Do you have to that ignorant? if you have no comments, then why did you leave one? it was a simple question, and he's getting answers...

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Tint comes with lifetime warranty, looks good thus far but I'm not sure if it'll change over time. I live in San Jose which is part of Santa Clara I believe. Where did u get it done at? Is your 4 banger dropped? Doenst look that bad.
Santa Clara is a separate city, unless you're referring to the county. I don't remember the place I had the tint done in Santa Clara. I only remember it was near the Fry's in Campbell. That was for my previous car.

My current car, the 07, I had it done at King Tint in San Bruno which is about 2 miles north of San Francisco Airport. My car is bone stock aside from the tint and mudguards.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts