Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How exactly do you tint headlights? Are they still as bright after tint? I wanna slightly tint the headlights and corners on my 95 Corolla. I know there's some kind of tail light tint people buy but I'm not quite sure where to get it and how to do it.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Are they still as bright after tint?
Is it bright to walk around in the night with sunglasses? thats the same effect, dont tint them unless they are factory tinted. End result looks like crap, works even less.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume that goes for tail lights too? I wanted to get the APC tails for my car and tint them black since they only come in chrome and thats too shiny.

·
Registered
26 Posts
if you want to tint your headlights why dont you get yourself a pair of headlight covers and tint them? you can take them off at night and you can have them as dark as you like.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) The only acceptable looking tail lights for my car are made by APC and kinda look like R33 tail lights. They only come in chrome which doesn't go with my car.

2) I've considered getting headlight covers, but that would leave the corner lights exposed, which would look dumb.

So I'm kinda stuck.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
get two sets of projectors install them paint the chrome part of your headlights black then they'll look blacked out but you'll still be able to see the road cause the lens will be clear still. as for the corners paint all the chrome in it black aswell.

·
CorollaCustomz.com
366 Posts
you don't need the chrome to reflect if you use projector retrofitted lenses

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
you don't need the chrome to reflect if you use projector retrofitted lenses
Umm yeah you do. Just dont paint the parts where the light reflects from, just paint the surrounding parts, makes the lights look dark when off.

·
Its still a Camry.
1991 Lexus Es250
522 Posts
I was thinking about this.....what if someone redded out a set of "altezza tails" as some of us Camry guys have been redding out our tails. I may look pretty cool....considering their altezza wanna be lights. We need to start a car idea section...I think all toyota owners on this site can benefit from each others ideas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i saw a picture of a guy who had painted his tezzas with metalllic red paint, with like a really thin coat, and it turned out pretty good. that would be a little risky tho.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah whatever. Screw getting altezzas for my car. I'm just gonna do a tail light conversion to the 96-97 LE OEM Corolla tails that are red and white with the red and white trunk trim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts