Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get my 93 rolla tinted but I don't want to get some crappy tint job that will have air bubbles in a matter of weeks. Can anyone recommend how do I find a credible shop that will still be around if I have problems in the future, (a warranty would be great too).

I've heard about tint places that are basically fly by night, do cheap jobs and then are nowhere to be found when your tints go to crap. I tried to look on the net but there are so many in my area that I'm not sure how to tell the good from the bad. Is there a certain kind of certification I should look for?

I live in college park, Maryland (just in case if anybody lives around me and can recommend a good place).

:cool:Thanks for any suggestions :cool:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey man your in MD....good shit..Go to D and L tinting on rt.40 right past Ebeneezer Rd. They do really good work for a good price. Considering where I live I needed the warranty.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
ya beat me to it...heh.

D&L is THE best in the area.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds Great thanks for the advice, I'll definitely be paying them a visit. :D

SR5 Rolla I'm with you on the warranty. My neighborhood is shady as well. I can't count how many people in my neighborhood have had their windows broken into and their stuff stolen within the past few weeks, including my dad's 90 corolla wagon :mad:

Shoot just the other day someone jacked a car up the street crashed into a neighbor's car while trying to get away, busted the tire in the process and rode the bare rim (sparks and all) pass my house (just missing my cousin's galant) crashed again into a curb and took off on foot. Leaving the car smashed up and smoking.

People are losing it :disappoin

·
Registered
164 Posts
People are nuts man. I had to patch a hole in my bumper cuz some drunk kids went around smacking cars with poles and shit. Not to mention the dents they put in the fender and door. I'm not worrying about the dents until I get it in the body shop. People just don't have respect for other peoples property.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Didn't know Maryland was such a bad area......i visited there last year for a week... that area is so nice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't get me wrong, there are nice areas in Maryland. I just happen to live in one of the bad areas :disappoin. I mean things could be worse, yes there have been a lot of car thefts and break in issues, but there aren't any murders in my area (knock on wood).

Maryland is a great place to live. Sometimes it doesn't matter where you go, there are always good and bad areas within a state.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
this is the extent some ppl will go to though... this was my uncles pride and joy..

The other side was dropped on the bumper and sump... $3000 damage, not including the $2000 tyre and wheel package.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
What car is that?? I swear that looks like a Chevy Impala SS but not really. :confused:

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Holden Commodore SS, around about a 00-01 i think..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in the Adelphi/Langley Park area. Some times my area can be considered Hyattsville as well.

I said that I lived in College Park in my first post because more people seem to know where it is. College Park is less then four minutes away from me.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
ahhhh...i know where Langley is.

just a tip for you...since you're local...hit up www.toyrolla.com we're MOSTLY corolla owners(with some others mixed in for flavor) and we're 99% local to MD, DC, and NOVA.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
falnfenix, sounds good I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
not a prob dude.

feel free to come out to any of the local meets...they're not frequent, but when they do they're posted on that forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts