Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone first and formost. I'm new to this board and would love your guidance in buying an 86 Camry. The car isn't in perfect condition but the engine seems to be sound except for a minor problem. Exterior has rust on right fender and a minor leak in the trunk which i could fix easily. The engine has 279,000k exactly. Oil changes have been done every 5000k's on this car. Owned by elders. Now the problem with this car is that once you hit the magic number 60km/h the steering feels loose. Only the driver will feel this but to the passengers it'll seem as if nothing is wrong. I'm wondering what could cause the steering to feel loose at high speeds. Another thing is i'd like your guidance on if this car is worth the buy or not being for 300 canadian dollars.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
$300?? It stops and goes fine? If its got tags its worth it. Cheap transportation.
Find out how much to fix that steering to see if you can afford it. Sounds like a overhaul there needed. Fix it if you can.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
amerikim said:
$300?? It stops and goes fine? If its got tags its worth it. Cheap transportation.
Find out how much to fix that steering to see if you can afford it. Sounds like a overhaul there needed. Fix it if you can.
ok so i bought the camry before i checked you guys' posts :-s ...i went to take another look at it today...drives perfect..brakes are fine..clutch is awesome...only thing thats not so good about it is the rust and the guy left it a mess inside so i'm gonna go clean it all up...i'll be posting regarding things that happen with it n such...thanx ppl

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Who cares if it has rust, you bought it for 300 canadian.. which is what.. 10 USD? J\k :canada:

It would make a great transportation car.

·
Registered
1992 Acura Legend
109 Posts
Great cars. They are simple to work on as well. I still think that the Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans of the 1980s are excellent cars. I have always thought that the 83-86 Camrys were neat cars.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That was about the same mileage that the rack and pinion went on mine. Ya better start checking the yards, if the steering is loose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts