Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read conflicting advice re the "correct" tire pressure for my 2007 Camry. The door jam says inflate to 30 PSI, the tire

sidewall says max psi is 44 (obviously I would not do the latter).

I was thinking 35 - because 30 feels too soft and I read that the manufacturers recommend low (in my case 30) because it

makes the car ride softer which helps them sell more! And - without overinflating - a higher psi can provide some better

mileage and more reponse.

Would welcome input re: what are you inflating at and why?

Thanks!

·
Registered
camry
583 Posts
33psi cold all around.

·
Registered
09 Camry
552 Posts
I own an 09 Camry and I usually keep it anywhere from 32-40, 40 for long trips which really helps the mpg and keeps the ride smooth

but yeah, I believe what you say is the right thing to do.

also a side note, a close friend of mine bought a new honda sedan..came inflated 40's all around and same as my dad's '10 camry

·
Registered
451 Posts
I own an 09 Camry and I usually keep it anywhere from 32-40, 40 for long trips which really helps the mpg and keeps the ride smooth

but yeah, I believe what you say is the right thing to do.

also a side note, a close friend of mine bought a new honda sedan..came inflated 40's all around and same as my dad's '10 camry
The tires inflated to 40 were because whoever did the PDI didn't correct the tire pressures. It is safe and easiest to go with the suggestions on the door jamb. But I personally adjust my pressures and experiment to find the best compromise of comfort and handling. I tend not to go below the suggested pressures because I do like better handling so I tend to pump it a little higher than normal.

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
My dealer adjusted to 40 psi, while the door jamb tells it should be 32 psi. Dealer vs Toyota?

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
40 seems a bit stiff. I try to keep mine at about 33-5. but recently on a rare cool morning had low pressures so I checked them all to 35. BTW, overlooked much of the time is the spare donut. It should be at about 60 psi. I couldn't recall when last I had checked the donut so I did--18 psi. Glad I checked.

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
I have 18" alloy wheel, but my spare tire is not. I wonder if I need to replace it too.

·
First Toyo was '69 Corona
'09 Camry; '05 Camry
98 Posts
For me I set my tire pressure @ 35 all the way around.

·
270hp = Happy Foot
1,123 Posts
35 cold all around for me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
2007-2009 I4 has 30 PSI on the door jamb, 2010 and newer has 34PSI on the jamb. I run 35 PSI on both cars (2007 and 2010).

Almost the same car (2.5L vs. 2.4L, 6 speed vs. 5, and a stability control). So why did they up the pressure by 4 PSI - has to be for the better fuel economy.

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
2007-2009 I4 has 30 PSI on the door jamb, 2010 and newer has 34PSI on the jamb. I run 35 PSI on both cars (2007 and 2010).

Almost the same car (2.5L vs. 2.4L, 6 speed vs. 5, and a stability control). So why did they up the pressure by 4 PSI - has to be for the better fuel economy.
My 2008 Camry LE I4 has 32 psi (60 for spare tire) on the door jamb.

G

·
random from dealer

So i checked my tire pressure today. my car is 2 weeks old. 2011 Camry LE.

how random is this. The passenger side tire pressure for both tires was 35.
the driver side pressure for both tires was 30.

kinda random huh? I increased pressure in all tires to 38 as i'm going on a road trip tonight!

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
For the stock 17" wheels and tires I stuck with 35psi cold. For my current 19" wheels and tires, I am using 38psi cold.

·
Official SE member
Camry 2008 SE
478 Posts
for some crazy reason, i put air in all of my tries, all of them are 35psi but the front left is 30psi and the low tire air pressure sign came up, is this normal?

and whats does cold all around mean?:facepalm:

·
Cruisin' along
2019 Camry LE
858 Posts
for some crazy reason, i put air in all of my tries, all of them are 35psi but the front left is 30psi and the low tire air pressure sign came up, is this normal?

and whats does cold all around mean?:facepalm:
"cold all around" or "cold all the way", means all 4 tires checked and adjusted when the car is cold. (not having moved from its parking spot). this is the best way to get a very good reading. if you were to drive only a few miles, they will warm up, so then you would have to wait a minimum of 4 hours for them to cool down again. on average, i do believe most tires lose about 1.5 pounds of air per month, and this is most certainly normal. so either a monthly tire check, or if someone is picky, every 2 weeks check them.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Here's something to look for. I was loosing air on one tire very slowly over a period of weeks. The nice kid at Discount Tire found that whoever had last messed with the tpms/valve did not tighten it properly and it was leaking very so little. Tightened it up and no more slow leaks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts