Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the truck was 100% cold, not driven on for 9 hours, i had three tires at 35psi and one at 32psi. filled all tires up to 36psi. drove about 20 miles one way and she sat for about 2 or 2.5 hours. checked all four tires and they had 40psi and the same tire that was low earlier had 36-37psi. not sure what is causing this. anybody has any ideas or should this be normal. the low tire is on the right front so when its lower than left front, the front end starts bouncing around and pulls to one side. i can tell it in the steering wheel also. the truck is sitting up now and will check after while and ifs its really low i will be pulling tire off and spraying water to check for futher leaks. from what i can see no nails, etc in the tire

·
Registered
Toyota Tacoma
182 Posts
Make sure it's not your tire gauge that is being the screwy one on you. Tire pressures don't generally fluctuate that much without dramatic weather temp. change. For the odd one out that is losing air i would check for a visual leak and keep an eye on the pressure. If it's not going flat over the course of a day then you have a very slow leak if there is one. Goodluck with the pressure probs!

·
My Other Truck
4,312 Posts
Mix a very small amount of liquid soap with water in a spray bottle, and spray all around the tread and bead areas (remove it from the truck if you need to). The soapy water will make bubbles at the leak. Pay special attention to the valve stem & core. If you still can't find the leak, submerge the tire & wheel in a dip tank.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. finally was able to get out there and take soapy water and found a small pin point hole in the middle of the tread on that "odd" tire. got the tire pluged and no leaks on that tire. spent the next hour or so doing the same to the other ones. no more leaks for now. gusse this means new tires very soon because 4 tires and 3 are pluged. the two rears has a plug on each that is on the edge of the tread and almost on sidewall. not sure how nail did not go through the sidewall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts