274 Posts
they run about 111-120 each. so multiply by 4

·
Millions &millions served
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ScottFern said:
Call a Toyota Dealership Parts Department and ask?
i know someone was going to say that. too lazy to pick up the phone :lol:

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
List price is $107, so $75 each + shipping cost.

·
07 Camry SE V6
07 Camry
274 Posts
where can you get the at 75 each???
also then you need to put them on and re-program your ecm to the new sensors (dealer does it)

·
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
too many nanny things on cars today! are these sensors absolutely necessary? could you just run w/o it and remove a fuse or something?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Camread said:
too many nanny things on cars today! are these sensors absolutely necessary? could you just run w/o it and remove a fuse or something?
I agreed with you. I physically check my tires pressure once a month, look for any screws, nails, uneven worn, etc.... These sensors doesn't do anything for me. Now, if they can give real time PSI on your tires that would be worth it to have it on. (I know....I am dreaming!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
If one knows anything about driving, then one should know the darn thing feels funny so I better stop and check the tires, The sensors are the air pressure for dumbies. If you can't tell something is amiss, park it and take the bus. :clap:

·
Registered
59 Posts
slick07LE said:
I thought the pressure sensors were a requirement on all new cars now for "safety."
Nope! Some apply and some don't, (2007 FJC purchased in Nov, doesn't have them), 2007 Camary purchased has them and a 2006 double cab taucoma has them I puchased.

Not gripping about this but, I feel this is a good feature that as we age and the folks that have aged, would need this more when the the senses don't work as good and or helps them know to either, stop the car now or get off at the exist and slow speed while doing so.

I also have two friends that have had flats and the sensors didn't work, when a tire was going down they stopped and the tire was completely flat. Don't trust them is my motto.

If you feel a sway or just something just don't feel the same in the steering, stop and check, don't wait on a sensor.

·
Registered
293 Posts
SRTRIDE said:
Nope! Some apply and some don't, (2007 FJC purchased in Nov, doesn't have them), 2007 Camary purchased has them and a 2006 double cab taucoma has them I puchased.

Not gripping about this but, I feel this is a good feature that as we age and the folks that have aged, would need this more when the the senses don't work as good and or helps them know to either, stop the car now or get off at the exist and slow speed while doing so.

I also have two friends that have had flats and the sensors didn't work, when a tire was going down they stopped and the tire was completely flat. Don't trust them is my motto.

If you feel a sway or just something just don't feel the same in the steering, stop and check, don't wait on a sensor.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005/nhtsa_tire_pressure.html

Apparently car companies have until 08.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes I have read that before, the question was if required on all new vehicles (Its not)! The article also refers to the ford explorer and firestone problem, I stress this, no sensor can sense that a tire which is inflated fully is about to blow out! Like I said these thing are crapp (I lost a family member to this, and can state for fact, the tires blew out, nothing a sensor could do about faulty manufacturing) Its a product that influences the mark up in new vehicles and will only continue to rise more due to manufactures trying to make these sensors better than another, just to make the margin of profit greater.

Its a chance we all take with every tire purchase, is this a good product or not to place on my vehicle. It maybe but, we don't know when another firestone incident will happen, until its to late.

Does your sensors work?

·
2013 Camry SE
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haven't look yet, is there a fuse? :wink2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts