Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 265-70R-16 tires on my 98 4x4 now and I want to change them to some mud grips. Truck will become a ranch truck so it would now be used for offroad use more than street use. I do not want a lift kit but I would like to have as wide a tire as possible without rubbing. Has anyone done the same?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,676 Posts
What kinda rims? Make/model? What's the offset/backspacing? The offset and backspacing is very important to yer setup as well.

There's a few threads here and on other forums that describe what size tires best used fer yer application.

Have you considered cutting the body? ;)

·
Mmmm Cookies....
iM
526 Posts
The general consensus is that anything wider than 10.5" will rub on the mud flaps. If you wanted to cut the flaps and you could get 31"x11.5 tires. They are hard to find in stock and will probably have to be ordered. It would be easier to find 32"x11.5" in stock but you will have to deal with more rubbing on the front tires.

·
Registered
1995 Toyota T-100
5 Posts
I have 95 t-100 i took the mud flaps off, turned up the torrsion bars, and got off-set wheels and i cleared 32x11.5-15 BFg All-terrians.

·
Registered
-
120 Posts
why do you want wide?

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,676 Posts
why do you want wide?
Sometimes you can't help but go wide cause that's all the manufacturer offers in that diameter size...or it starts to git really expensive to git an exotic size. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts