Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, two seemingly different topics... And that's because they are, lol. I figured I wouldn't clutter up the board anymore than I have.

First question. I know mr2's had different size tires for the back and for the front. Trouble is, I went and looked at the size numbers on my tires and they were all identical. I will go out and look at them again to get the specific size, but I do remember looking at all four and unless I'm mistaken the PXXX/RXX numbers were all the same, or are those supposed to be? lol

As for the factory cd player. I read on one of the faqs that it's common for the factory cd player to stop working. It also said there is a way to fix it if I wanted to open up the stereo and fix it. Trouble is...it never went on to say how or where I could find out more! Anyone else ever fix their radio??

·
Boob
57 Posts
i had that problem with my factory cd player when i got my mr2. the radio would work but not the player. had to replace everything

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I don't mind replacing the whole unit, as they also had problems with speakers, mainly the driver's side door mounted. I just figured for giggles though if there was a way to fix the factory stereo I might as well go for it...

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
also listing the size of ur rims would help if they aren't factory rims....its always better to have bigger sized tires in the rear.....but some ppls opt for same sized tires all around to save on getting new rears all the time by being able to rotate the tires...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it's not set in stone that you have to have bigger tires in the back? Would it be better for bad weather traction to have smaller or bigger wheels in the back?

I will write down the tire sizes by the way, and post them later.

it's a 91 turbo./

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
are u still on stock rims????....since our cars are RWD, we have the optiong of being able to stagger wheel sizes...its better to fit bigger tires in the rear...better traction......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts