Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hearty Hello to all my fellow "Toy" owners. New to the forum and always willing to help all and learn a lot.

Mostly a DIY wrench twister on my 2013 Camry SE 2.5 Traded my worn out POS Dakota in mid-17 for the Silver Bullet SE. Never looked back (except when I need to haul something - LOL)!

Am ready to replace the worn out Nexen CP671's which actually were pretty good for older tires. Am looking at Cooper Endurance Touring and Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring in 225/55R17. Pretty sure after reading here, that size won't cause clearance issues vs the 215's OEM size.
Anyone out there using ths size on a 13-14-15 Camry? Interested to hear feedback.

As to those brands, my other vehicle has the same Uniroyals and it is every bit as good as the Michelins they replaced. No personal experience with the Coopers but a friend has a Maxima and says they are great.

Also looking at replacing the Spring/struts front and back. The SE has a stiff/tight road feel that I like but wouldn't mind if new struts also gave a small increase in ground clearance (like .5"-.75"). Any recommendations on combo spring/struts greatly appreciated. Current mileage is 79,500.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
LetteringGuy

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Camry
500 Posts
I didn't see a Cooper Endurance Touring but found the Evolution Touring. Here's a comparison with the CS5 Grand & Ultra Touring: http://us.coopertire.com/tires/tire-comparison?tires=407,408,461

I'm a big fan of the CS5 Grand Touring and have had good luck on my 2006 Camry and 2013 Sienna (twice). I had the Uniroyals on my 2000 Olds Intrigue about a decade ago. Decent tire for the money. Nothing special. I think BJ Wholesale club still sells them.

Others will comment on the struts and springs since quite a few members have changed the struts and springs. Not too many choices but they can give you actually experiences.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A hearty Hello to all my fellow "Toy" owners. New to the forum and always willing to help all and learn a lot.

Mostly a DIY wrench twister on my 2013 Camry SE 2.5 Traded my worn out POS Dakota in mid-17 for the Silver Bullet SE. Never looked back (except when I need to haul something - LOL)!

Am ready to replace the worn out Nexen CP671's which actually were pretty good for older tires. Am looking at Cooper Endurance Touring and Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring in 225/55R17. Pretty sure after reading here, that size won't cause clearance issues vs the 215's OEM size.
Anyone out there using ths size on a 13-14-15 Camry? Interested to hear feedback.

As to those brands, my other vehicle has the same Uniroyals and it is every bit as good as the Michelins they replaced. No personal experience with the Coopers but a friend has a Maxima and says they are great.

Also looking at replacing the Spring/struts front and back. The SE has a stiff/tight road feel that I like but wouldn't mind if new struts also gave a small increase in ground clearance (like .5"-.75"). Any recommendations on combo spring/struts greatly appreciated. Current mileage is 79,500.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
LetteringGuy
Using the uniroyal on my 13 Camry, they’re working out great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't see a Cooper Endurance Touring but found the Evolution Touring. Here's a comparison with the CS5 Grand & Ultra Touring: http://us.coopertire.com/tires/tire-comparison?tires=407,408,461

I'm a big fan of the CS5 Grand Touring and have had good luck on my 2006 Camry and 2013 Sienna (twice). I had the Uniroyals on my 2000 Olds Intrigue about a decade ago. Decent tire for the money. Nothing special. I think BJ Wholesale club still sells them.

Others will comment on the struts and springs since quite a few members have changed the struts and springs. Not too many choices but they can give you actually experiences.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply and information. Ended up getting the Cooper Evolution Tour on sale (CS5 and Ultra not in my budget).
So far they’re great. A big improvement in ride, low noise and handling over the Nexen. 225 does a better job grabbing pavement than the OEM 215’s.
in another thread I had issues with 2 TPMS sensors which ended up getting replaced a couple days later but really like the tires!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts