Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Highlander XLE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so this tire is BRAND NEW, billed by Continental as the 2nd Gen LX20 (new and improved). ;)

Full disclosure, I'm not a Conti fan. Purchased once on a 2000 Cadillac Seville STS, poured my heart and soul into getting the tires to be right on the car and finally bailed to a Michelin product. Never purchased Conti's again.

I have the Bridgestone Ecopia 422's on the Highlander now (OEM) and what a waste of time and money these tires are turning out to be. 8,500 miles, down to 7/32nds already. Estimate 18,000-20,000 miles and they'll be done. I live in Arizona, maybe our roads are hard on tires, maybe I'm just hard on tires? At 51-yo, I'm not doing burn-outs or donuts in the HL.

Does anyone have experience with the Conti's on the HL? I'm really interested in the new generation LX25, but if anyone has used the LX20's, I'd be interested too.

Michelin recommends the Latitude Tour but the reviews are all over the place and that doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling on a tire that costs as much as the Michelin.

Thanks!

·
Registered
669 Posts
My previous Rav had oem continental cross contacts and they only lasted about 25K miles tops, so they would need to be improved.

·
Registered
2019 Highlander LTD
82 Posts
Had the Conti LX-20's on a 2016 Santa Fe and they were the NOISIEST tires ever. Worn out after 22k miles. Best tire on the market is the Michelin LTX. For so many reasons...

·
Registered
2019 Highlander XLE
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the Conti LX-20's on a 2016 Santa Fe and they were the NOISIEST tires ever. Worn out after 22k miles. Best tire on the market is the Michelin LTX. For so many reasons...
Doesn't sound promising for the Conti's. Of course, I see that complaint a lot with the Michelin Latitude Tours too and they're not exactly inexpensive. I don't necessarily mind paying the money, but not for 20K miles off a 65-70K tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts