61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
First post in a while

Name of car: 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Falken/Ziex ZE-512
Size of tire/Speed rating: P205-60R16 H-speed rated

Pros: Good price. Very grippy but quiet! The handling of this vehicle dramatically improved. You can take the twisties in this big car.

Cons: Can be a little noise at times but nothing to worry about.
Buy again? Yes

Name of car: 2002 Toyota Avalon XLS
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Michelin/ Energy MXV4 Plus
Size of tire/Speed rating: P205-60R16 H-speed rated
Pros: Gripped well.
Cons: Overpriced, really noisy after the first rotation, didn't last very long (33K miles)
Buy again? Never

·
Registered
38 Posts
Name of car:87 chev camaro iroc
Brand of tire/Name of tire:kumho ecsta supra 712
Size of tire/Speed rating:245/50r16 H
Pros/Cons:no cons yet,best tire i have had on the car
Buy again? yes

Name of car:92 4 runner
Brand of tire/name of tire: remington mud brute
Size of tire:33x12.50x15
pros/cons:noisy but i dont mind,good in the mud
buy again: yes

·
Registered
109 Posts
Brand of tire/Name of tire:Yokohama Avid H4
Size of tire/Speed rating:215/45 R17H
Pros/Cons:good in dry but sucks in wet cons great tire, life was good, quiet and comfort
Buy again? nope

Brand of tire/name of tire: Dunlop M3 winter tire
Size of tire:195/65 R15H
pros/cons:traction was good in snow or ice,
buy again: yes

·
Lives For The Curves
1,546 Posts
Car: 1993 Camry V6
Tire: Kumho ECSTA HP4
Size: 205/65/15
Pros: Inexpensive, decent in snow, much better grip than previous Goodyear's
Cons: For the price, none. You get what you pay for. They wore quick though, but they did go through quite a bit of autocross and spirited driving. No complaints about these.
Buy Again: If I needed a cheap all-season, yes.

·
INEED$
94 Posts
Name of car: 2002 Camry SE V6
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Winter-Michelin Arctic Alpin Summer-Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3
Size of tire/Speed rating: Michelin-215/60-16 Goodyear-225/50-17 Don't know either speed rating off the top of my head.
Pros/Cons: Michelin-superb winter performance/bad summer performance (duh) Vice versa for Goodyears. Tread wear is bad for both, oh well.
Buy again?Yes and Yes.

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Name of car: Celica GT-i (ST182)
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Toyo T1-S
Size of tire/Speed rating: 205/55/15 V
Pros: GREAT TIRE, sticks like glue in dry AND wet, great treadware. CONS: None
Buy again?: Hell Yeah

Name of car: Celica GT-i (ST182)
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Bridgestone Potenza
Size of tire/Speed rating: 225/50/15 Z
Pros: Great grip and also sticks like glue. CONS: witha 140 treadware the tires will only last a year or less
Buy again? Probably but would prefer the Toyo T1-S on any given day.

Name of car: Celica Gt-i (ST182)
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Pirelli P6000
Size of tire/Speed rating: 205/55/15 V
Pros: They wear out and are great for doing burn outs (lots of smoke). CONS: STAY AWAY from this tire if you do some spirited driving because they SUCK BIG TIME, no grip, they are hard as hell (you will feel every single crany and nook on the road and noise is unbeareable)
Buy again? NEVER EVER

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
4,025 Posts
1993 chevrolet cavalier Z24
nokian hakkapeliitta RSi 205/60R15

this is probably the best winter tire i've ever driven, the roads up here aren't plowed and are very seldomly sanded, so they're pure ice, and with this tire i can get very solid acceleration and braking without spinning or skidding

from what i've read its got better durability than blizzaks and alpines

i'd reccomend this tire to everyone that drives where its good and snowy, expensive but worth it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Car: Pontiac Fiero w/4cam,280hp V6,4 piston brakes, extensive suspension mods.
Tires: Bridgestone RE-71 205/55-16, 225/50-16(F&R)
Great tires at any speed; easy to manage 4 wheel drift @ 100mph, fairly quiet, good in the rain. Tend to wear quickly, but...
I would buy more, but they discontinued the model(con).
What is their successor?

Car: Pontiac Fiero stock mtr/chassis
Tires: Bridgestone Blizzak 195/70-14
Great tires for the snow belt, where it's freezing for 4 months straight, but horrible braking performance in the wet, not worth the trade off here in Seattle. Reasonably priced.
I won't be purchasing any more of these in this climate.

Car: Lexus SC400 w/stock Supra TT suspension added.
Tires: Kuhmo 712 245/45-17, 265/40-17(F&R)
Great tires for the price as long as you don't have under 10 pounds per hp; they tend to roast. Great in the wet, and wear extremely well, are very responsive, are a little noisy, also a little darty when they wear down. The overall traction isn't really that great, but the breakaway is very smooth and easy to manage, even in the wet.
I would buy more of these tires, depending on the useage(daily driver).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Name of car: Camry, 1994 2DR.
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Nokia/Nokian Hakkapelitta 10
Size of tire/Speed rating: 195/70/14 Speed: ??
Pros/Cons: Incredible winter tire. Great traction in deep snow. These are the first winter tires i put on my car, and i feel alot safer than with all season tires. I dont think i'll ever go through a winter without snow tires again.
Buy again? yes definatley.

·
A Poor College Student
354 Posts
Name of car: 1991 Honda Accord LX & 1989 Buick LeSabre
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Sears Guardsman
Size of tire/Speed rating: 195/70/14 ??? & 205/75/14 ???
Pros/Cons: These tires are horrible.... They were cheap, only about $250 ish to get completely mounted, balanced, and with the tire protection plan, but they grip horribly. My little Accord slid like a Yukon on a sheet of ice with these.
Buy again? Never!

Name of car: 1994 Camry LE
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Goodyear Viva 2
Size of tire/Speed rating: 195/70/14 Speed: ???
Pros/Cons: Great tire for the price! Only $50/each, and rated for 60k miles. These have been on the car from the previous owner since 2001; it's now 4 years later and they're still holding up fairly well. I've got about a year before I need new tires. They have descent grip and traction in rain and snow. Fairly quiet, too.
Buy Again? I think I'd like something with a little more grip, but I'd definitely recommend these to any one. These combined with Wal-Mart's tire protection plan are a nearly unbeatable deal.

·
Lead-Foot
159 Posts
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Pirelli P4000
Size of tire/Speed rating: 215/40/16 Z
Pros/Cons: can't accurately measure, as were on the car when I got it, as were two poor wheel-bearings.
Buy again? didn't find 'em when I went to look online for new tires, so I went with the:

Brand of tire/Name of tire: Pirelli P6000 Sports Veloce
Size of tire/Speed rating: 215/40/16 V
Pros/Cons: look hot, go fast smoothy, no noticable road feel differance between 65 mph and 90 mph, not noisy at all, chirp rather than burnout, mostly, which is nice, and gives better acceleration. I love 'em.
Buy again? YES, but, I think I'll try the new 'fastest street tire ever' KDWs first.

Brand of tire/Name of tire: Kumho
Size of tire/Speed rating: 215/40/16 V
Pros/Cons: I changed the pronunciation of Kumho to Cum-Ho to more accurately reflect how highly I thought of their crappy handling and noisey ass characteristics

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Car: 1993 Camry V6 XLE
Tires: Falken 512
Size: 205/65/15 H
Pros/Cons: Only driven in dry so far. Defiantly smoother ride than the Goodyear I had, don't know the model, size was 205/55/15. On snow with the goodyear, I was just skiing on snow. All I can say with the Falken, must turns are at least 50% better, basically the car turns easier.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Car: 1999 Camry xle v6
tire: bridgestone blizzak
size: 205/65/15
purchase: www.tirerack.com

Pros/Cons: I am finishing up on these tires for my first mid-west winter on them... nice tires imo for the winter, only winters i have ever had but i was happy with them... The traction and stuff was a little added help, they also drive well on the normal pavement since we did not get tons of snow... Of course winter driving deals a lot more with just slowing down and being 2X more careful, but if you are looking for wintertires, i dig these :thumbup:

·
Lives For The Curves
1,546 Posts
Car: 1993 Camry V6 LE
Tire: Kumho ECSTA KH11
Size: 206/65/15
Pros: Inexpensive (<$45 ea.), great dry grip especially considering the price
Cons: They took a while to get to their stickiest... in the first few autocrosses with them they didn't feel much different than an all-season. Low treadlife (They didn't last me a even year, but I did give them quite a few good floggings)
Buy Again? I want to step up to something stickier, but don't have the money for it. So for $50 a pop I'm gonna go for these again, but in 225/60/15

·
TN's Financial Expert
965 Posts
Name of car: 2000 Camry LE 5sfe
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Sumitomo HTR+
Size of tire/Speed rating: 245/40/18ZR
Pro: Cheap :loove: . Outstanding longevity/wear rating. Good dry traction. Good wet traction. Good braking. I love the tread pattern--big blocks of tread. Clean graphics on the side.

Cons: Tracking...but that is more of a size issue. Lower noise than my old Kumhos, but still a little noise. No 19" application for the camry :sosad:

Buy again? INDEED.

BULLMKT

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Name of car: 2000 Camry LE (I4)
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Michelin Hydroedge
Size of tire/Speed rating: 205/65(?)/15

Pros/Cons: Mad quiet, like the name implies it is pretty damn decent on wet and dry (couldn't really push it to the limit due to soft Camry suspension). Sucks in fresh snow, but what do you expect? Look at the tread pattern (it's no snow tire). Treadwear rating 760!!! This tire is a beast. Only con is the price.

Buy again? This is the best tire for the Camry! Come on they even have a gen 5 in the commercial for it!

Name of car: 1995 Toyota Corolla DX
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Goodyear Integrity
Size of tire/Speed rating: 185/65/14

Pros/Cons: Can't really compare these cause these are the only tires I've ever had on the car. They are loud on some pavement (comparing to the Camry with Hydroedge) they aren't as great as expected in snow, and if I try to corner at about 30-35mph they squeal loudly (again soft stock suspension). Maybe all these cons are cause the car was kinda out of alignment for about half a year... but ratings on 1010tires.com aren't great either.

Buy again? Aww naaw... I got myself some Hankook Ventus H405, can't wait to test em out. Def. getting separate snow and summer tires from now on.

Name of car: 1995 Toyota Corolla DX
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Hankook Ventus HRII
Size of tire/Speed rating: 205/50/15

Pros/Cons: I can say right away the noise compared to he Integritys is WAY quieter. (No big noise difference between 60 and 90 mph). The handling is more responsive and the car is more stable (but this may just be due to the fact that they are 205 over the previous 185). I haven't pushed them to the limit yet but my friend has the same ones and says they're awesome, and so do other people on TN.

Update: Took a few narrow 90 degree suburban corners at around 30 mph. Probably near the limit with my current suspension, but no squeal at all and the streets I tried it on are pretty damn narrow so I hard to steer sharply and couldn't go fast. :lol:

Buy again? Lookin pretty good so far!

·
How hard can it be?
2,614 Posts
Name of car: '93 Camry XLE V6
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Toyo Spectrum Touring Radial
Size of tire/Speed rating: 205/65R15 92H
Pros/Cons: Very Comfortable Tire/ No Performance/ handling gains
Buy again? Yes!
except 215/60

Name of car: Same as above
Brand/Name of tire: Aurora Radial 847
Size of tire/ Speed: 205/65HR15 91
Pros: Good All-Season
Cons: Car wasn't aligned so pre-mi wear and tear led to purchase of Toyo's
Buy again: EHH.. NO... Rather have Proxes or Something with some R-Compound blood in it :)

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
Name of car: 2004 Camry SE V6
Brand of tire/Name of tire: BF Goodrich g-Force KDW2
Size of tire/Speed rating: 225\45-18 Z rated
Pros: Excellent Wet & Dry Traction, Consistent, The Look! Great Handling Tire. The wet Traction will amaze you!
Con: A little noisy
Buy again? Hell yes!

Name of car: 2004 Camry SE V6
Brand of tire/Name of tire: Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus
Size of tire/Speed rating: 215\60-16 HR
Pros: Decent Traction Wet or Dry, Quite, Smooth Ride, Good Wear. Tires will drift but not lose control.
Cons: Not Sporty enough, Perfect for my Wife's car.
Buy again? Maybe for my wife.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts