Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 143 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone downsize from the 18" to 16" for winter? Planning on doing 205/65R16 for winter (which is what the base model Camry has) on my 2019 Camry Hybrid SE.

·
2019 Camry Hybrid LE
2019 Camry Hybrid LE
9 Posts
Change Wheels and Tires on 2019 Camry Hybrid LE

Hello all. I just purchased a 2019 Camry Hybrid LE and would like to change over either the wheels and tires or maybe just the 16" steel wheels. I found a posting here that provides information on the sizes that work on the car but I have some specific questions. My first thought is to replace the steel wheels with alloys. Would there be a problem removing the current stock tires and placing them on a 16" alloy instead of the steel wheels? Would I lose mpg or would there be a change to the speedometer? What about if I replaced the tires and wheels with 18" rims. Would they fit and how much of a drop in mpg should I expect. Also, would there be a difference in the speedometer and if so, can it be recalibrated. Thanks all....I'm loving my car and am completely surprised at how well it drives.

·
Registered
'18 Camry Hybrid XLE
15 Posts
With tires... It depends!

You can use 16, 17 or 18" wheels. If you get the right sized tires then the speedometer will stay correct. I think TireRack.com will give you tire size options that you can use. (as you go up in rim size you change to a shorter sidewall so overall the tire is the same diameter)

Larger rims add to unsprung weight and from what I've read it will cost you some mileage, how big a difference I don't know.

141 - 143 of 143 Posts