Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03 Toyota Corolla S
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my worn strut with struts from rock auto (thank you guys for that site) and am going to need to get some tires soon, What should I be looking for?

I drive~ 120mi a day so i need something pretty durable, but i do not want a rough ride, any suggestions?

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
6,841 Posts
Where do you drive, and how fast? How are the conditions there? You need tires that perform well all year long?

·
Nip it in the bud!
266 Posts
Do you want them to hydroplane too or not? Lots of quiet tires, like Michelin Defenders aren't as good in the rain. Just look on Tirerack or Discounttire and read the reviews. People will comment on noise or quiet comfort. You can look into Hankook Optimo H727. They deliver like Michelin Defender but are cheaper.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Matrix
1,412 Posts
Michelin has a new replacement they just came out with for the Primacy MXV4 that my dad got for his car. They are called Michelin Premier. What they advertise about them is that they will perform well in the wet even when worn. At one point three of us in my family had MXV4's, and that was the problem with them, they were really bad in light rain, especially once they had some miles on them. He says the new design has the same smooth/quiet feel as the old tires but is way grippier in the rain. Check them out. I got 80k out of my MXV4's no problem, so I think paying a little more for the Michelins is worth it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A/S&partnum=965HR5PREAS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts