Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size tires does everybody recommend to run with a 16 x 6.5? (Thinking 225/50/16 but is that to wide for my wheels) Also what brand tire and model should i go with? The car is mainly going to be street use but would like to keep performance in mind. I want something that is grippy but i dont have to replace all the time. I have heard good things about Kumho's Ecsta and Falken Azenis. I would like to find a set for around 350 but 400 max. Thanks

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I think thats a good size. I was running 205/50/16's and I was really happy. Even though the wheels were technically a little smaller than stock wheels, it looked good and wasn't noticable at all. My car did get lower to the ground though. But I did notice a big improvement in speed and acceleration. BIG difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So 225 wont be to wide on 6.5. I heard that going with to wide of a tire will make the side wall bludge and may affect performance. I would prefer the wider tire but do not want lose performance.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
that is true- if you want performance in terms of handling, if the tires bulge a bit, then you may get more flex, but that too may depend on the design of the sidewalls of the ties that you choose

if you want absolute handling power w/ the least flex, you'll have to get bigger rims and low profile tires

but then it'll also affect your performance in terms of speed and power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts