Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Token Aussie
1,722 Posts
That’s what the “Premium Member” is which you can see by clicking on your username. On mine, it displays it after my username. How the heck did you change it to Mr Roo? I don’t see anywhere that can be changed.
Looks like it just carried over whatever it was from the previous forum software (which had membership status separate from title) - if you didn't have a custom title from before it looks like it has just replaced it with your membership status (Registered, Premium etc), which is a bit of a problem since it doesn't look like it can be changed in your profile any more.

·
Super Moderator
12,602 Posts
I can go into your profile and change that. Dunno if all mods can. Still figuring out who can do what. And yes, you’re right, you used to be able to change that yourself.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
We need to move the OT forum to the top of all the other forums...takes too long to scroll to the most important forum on TN. :cool:🍿
Based on the new VS standards, that is tantamount to religious heresy. LOL

·
3,408 Posts
I wonder if there was a security urgency. Generally speaking, there was certainly a better way to roll it out. There could have been a beta site that select members could have been invited to test out, provide feedback, etc. I point blank emailed the VS admin that posts up and asked if they could put a dedicated thread up about why there is no "classic view" option that many, many people were complaining about, and the person just simply replied back to me that there is no classic view as this is not a skin job, its a complete new package. I wanted them to put up that kind of reply to the members, not just one off it to me.

One of my certifications (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt) is focused on change. And, considering my undergrad in computer science I have been party to or author of many, many, many software changes. There will always be some blow back, but this was handled in probably the worst way possible. Which again makes me wonder if they were worried about a breach, or if one occurred and they reacted and have not ponied up about it. At least, for me, no credit card data on this site!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I wonder if there was a security urgency. Generally speaking, there was certainly a better way to roll it out. There could have been a beta site that select members could have been invited to test out, provide feedback, etc. I point blank emailed the VS admin that posts up and asked if they could put a dedicated thread up about why there is no "classic view" option that many, many people were complaining about, and the person just simply replied back to me that there is no classic view as this is not a skin job, its a complete new package. I wanted them to put up that kind of reply to the members, not just one off it to me.

One of my certifications (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt) is focused on change. And, considering my undergrad in computer science I have been party to or author of many, many, many software changes. There will always be some blow back, but this was handled in probably the worst way possible. Which again makes me wonder if they were worried about a breach, or if one occurred and they reacted and have not ponied up about it. At least, for me, no credit card data on this site!
Yeah, it seems like it was kind of thrown together at the last moment. I might have been on here when they were in process, due to the like button or quote button not working at the time. I could only view the site, as it wasn't letting me add anything to the conversation. Seemed weird at the time, then the next day all I found was this (what we have now), and no idea WTF happened. That's a hell of a way to spring it on users. Not even any kind of heads up notice, or anything like it. It became a "take it, or leave it" deal.

·
Mr. Roo
10,910 Posts
That’s what the “Premium Member” is which you can see by clicking on your username. On mine, it displays it after my username. How the heck did you change it to Mr Roo? I don’t see anywhere that can be changed.
yeah it seems I can't adjust it anymore (not that I even thought to) but it just carried over.

Maybe I just didn't use the forum enough, or I'm not doing mod duties anymore, but for my basic after-work ice cream relaxing, the new darkmode and signatures turned off is working pretty well for me.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts

Yes, there was urgency to implement the change, but nevertheless the implementation was highly flawed.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I've noticed I can't keep an avatar uploaded. When I navigate to the file, cropping it doesn't work so well (I can't move the image) and when I click ok, then load a new page the avatar might be gone.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
I've noticed I can't keep an avatar uploaded. When I navigate to the file, cropping it doesn't work so well (I can't move the image) and when I click ok, then load a new page the avatar might be gone.
I've reported that issue, but I haven't had the time today to see if VS responded to my input.

·
Registered
797 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
I liked the excuse they made for your avatar. It might offend younger viewers, and could be considered NSFW by Google. Ha Ha Ha Ha. That alone deserves a proper face palm.
I just read that, and it's just wow. I won't even descend into a diatribe about what's so wrong about that level of political correctness via Google. You guys can fill in the blanks. So stupid.....

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
13 Participants
TrailDust
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing