Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have a chance to buy a 2004 prius hatchback. guy has rebuilt the battery pack during the summer, new 12v & tires.
My qualms involve the mileage on teh engine, generator and tranny. between 210-240000 miles i think he said. tho he said it has never faltered & is driving it now & no problems. I have been reading about the cons of teh cvt tranny and how hard it is to change the generator if it fails. Opinions? thank you.
t

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it's less than $3K, buy it. These are great cars and can easily go past 300K miles with minimal maintenance.

You cannot easily beat 45-50 mpg.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This gentleman has decided he doesn't want to sell the Prius after all lol it's just that I waited for many weeks because he said he was rebuilding his Volkswagen Golf and somehow I intuited that that might not work out very well or maybe he just likes the Prius better. He was very fond of the Prius back in the spring but was going to sell it after he experimented on it rebuilding the battery and then I guess something went wrong with the golf. So I am looking for another Prius. I'm just concerned about that generator, cuz I had read on other Prius groups that if it goes out then it's arm and a leg and the first born to get that fixed or replaced

·
Registered
05 camry 07 tacoma
2,872 Posts
If your looking for transportation with the least amount of trouble then buy the 2004-2006 Corolla.
Keep in mind that the Prius is out of commission if it has any electrical Hybrid problems.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks but I don't fit in the Corolla have any year. That would be nice though. Due to my disability. I'm not even sure the Prius will work for me for that matter cuz I haven't driven one yet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts