Toyota Nation Forum banner

To those who have HID Fogs... ????

4K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  tjb101084 
#1 ·
So I had bought some 3K HIDS had they arent working. I bought new bulbs but still no luck. I am starting to think that I need a relay to work.

To those who have already installed this, was it plug and play or did you have to also install a relay kit?

#2 ·
Do you have a real HID kid with ballasts and ignitors, or just some phony baloney "HID" bulbs? The real HID kit on my last car required a relay, ballast/ignitor, and fused connection to the battery. I have OEM HID on my limited for the main headlamps.

#3 ·
Yes they are real hids. The low beams did not requir a relay kit but for some reason the fogs dont turn on. I tried them at the low beams and presto they work. I am going to order a relay today and see if that works. Wierd though. Any one else do this????

#6 ·
I've never seen a kit that you could plug in backwards. Then again somewhere along the line you said it only cost $80 bucks for the kit, so its probably some made in china kit.

#13 · (Edited)
No need to change the headlight bulbs. The are 4300k and that gives the greastest light output. Trust me do not get 8000k they are too blue and you loose lumens. I had 6000k in my 99 Avalon and way too blue and provided less light than halogens. Just buy a hid kit for the fog lights and get 4500k to match. That the best way to go.

#16 · (Edited)
alil less light yea but only decoration i dont see that. to many people have decoration then.After reading around im seeing the opposite of what you are saying.Y would an HID output less usable light.Doesn't make sense im looking for a better looking and brighter headlight and matched fogs.Tx for the advice..But ill bet against that advice..8000k all the way

#19 ·
Even though you never responded to my question on where you bought your l.e.d. strips I can help you out with the foglight and headlight bulb removal. You will have to get underneath your car and remove the plastic cover that's screws into your front bumper. You can remove the screws with a 10mm socket or wrench whichever you prefer. Once you remove the screws just pull the cover down and you have access to your foglights and connectors. I replaced my headlights with 6000k HIDs. The 8000k are just a little too blue for me, but anyways, the passenger side can be replaced with no problem. The driver side on the other hand is a really tight fit, especially for someone with big hands like myself. To get access to the driver side bulb I removed the battery plus unscrewed the fuse box and moved it out the way and that made it much easier to get to.

#21 ·
I was just playing around about the headlight strips. I figured that was the website you got them from when I seen your pics. I do like the way it turned out on your car but still haven't decided on if I'm gonna install them on mine. I installed some regular yellow halogen bulbs for my foglights. First time I put in some 100W bulbs in and it melted my foglight houlsing so I had to buy and new foglight and bought some 55W bulbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.