Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could some please tell me how to install toggle switches?.. i mean, how do i hook the wires to a fuse box? what are the steps in installin some that should use a fues? how do i bring the wire in from the engine area to somewhere on the dashboard? please help..thanks

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
well, what are you trying to install? if it's something small, but you need a direct current, you really don't need a fuse, per-se....since the toggle switch can be used as a trigger to turn it off when there's problems

but most people wire things inside their car to say, their radio or cigarette lighter adaptor so things turn off when you turn off the car

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i Have a few interior neons i wanted to mount uder the seats and under the dash... i just wanted to connect them to a switch so i can turn them on and off whenever.. or if is easier, how to conect them with the parking light/head lights?

·
Australian TN'er
272 Posts
lol thats easy. Find a source of "constant" power. You can use the constant wire from the back of the cd player. I use constant power source so that you can turn the neons on even when you dont have the ignition on. Then run that wire into the toggle switch and then to the neon

·
Custom Pimpin'
Toyota Camry
65 Posts
people say to just wrap it around the fuse and plug it in.. but okay.. so it goes, from the neon wiring, then a wire to the fuse, then a wire to the switch from the fuse, then a wire from the switch to the ground.. right

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
ummm....not quite....

it'll be like this...

constant power (battery) --> fuse --> switch -->neons --> ground

OR

constant power (battery) --> Fuse --> neons --> switch --> ground

·
Grenaded piston
6,602 Posts
BigChrisP said:
or if is easier, how to conect them with the parking light/head lights?
I suggest using a relay and have the parking lights trigger it. The neons will turn on whenever the parking lights/headlights are on.

You can also use a relay, diode, switch/switches, and the door trigger wire.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t93063.html

camrykidd86 said:
people say to just wrap it around the fuse and plug it in..
As someone that use to work as an installer (car stereo & alarms), you need to be smacked for even thinking of doing that. :slap:

Wrapping a wire around a fuse = ghetto rigging.

but okay.. so it goes, from the neon wiring, then a wire to the fuse, then a wire to the switch from the fuse, then a wire from the switch to the ground.. right
You only want to switch one side. Either the positive or negative.

If you hookup positive and negative to a switch, you'll have a short and see some nice sparks.

·
not your average bear
95 1mz-fe
129 Posts
88 LE said:
As someone that use to work as an installer (car stereo & alarms), you need to be smacked for even thinking of doing that. :slap:

Wrapping a wire around a fuse = ghetto rigging.

haha someone else had that suggestion in another post, soo ghetto rigged, maybe they cant afford the 1 dollar in line fuse? haha

·
Registered
452 Posts
Learn from 88 LE. He is the master. I learned from him too. I just got mine done and still waiting for my digital camera to arrive before I can take some pics. I am very pleased with how it came up. Thank you 88 LE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts