Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gen3 Camry, V6: I'm thinking about replacing my rear Tokico inserts with full assembly Bilsteins to get rid of some understeer. I assume it would, since the Bilsteins are stiffer than the Tokicos. Eventually I'm going to pick up a Whiteline RSB, but until then, do you guys think this will be a good combo for autocross? Tokicos up front and Bilsteins out back with Whiteline springs all around... it sounds good to me, any input? I was also considering Konis for the rear, but I really don't want to deal with non-sealed anymore. Is there any reason why Konis would be better than the Bilsteins?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Bilsteins wont be that much stiffer if they are the same rebound/dampening as the tokicos. Koni and bilstein are pretty much the same as performance/quality. What you might want to look for is KW Variante 2 coilover kit, OR Weitec kit for the camry.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Camry is quite close to some of the bigger toyota series cars suspension wise. You could see the specs for some other car (crown, cressida, etc) and see if they would fit under the camry. :D

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're a genius! Although thats some big $$$ compared to the Bilsteins at $80ish each :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts