Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the struts, lowering springs, F&R mounts, lower & upper insulators and took them to a local shop to have it installed. They told me that it will cause the tires to be like // \\, so it will wear much faster on the inside of the tires. They said I would have to replace them in months. Took it to another shop and they said the same thing. These shops do not specialize in suspensions though. I know a lot of you guys have lowering springs on and wondering if you have the problem that I described or they had to do something to make the wheel straight.

·
Registered
108 Posts
if you lower yoru car past an inch, you'll need a camber kit to adjust camber. otherwise you'll be pigeon toed.

It doesnt take a professional shop to recommend an alignment. If they didnt recommend getting an alignment done, they really dont know much beyond what they learned in technical school.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
you wont have a problem with the H&R springs, trust me. Ive had mine on for a year and a half with no excessive wear at all. Just have it lowered, then take it somewhere for an alignment. These springs wont lower the car enough for you to have a problem and the adjustments they need to make will still be within what the car is capable of stock. Im sure theyre just used to slamming civics or something.:lol:

youll be fine as long as you get it aligned after:thumbup:

·
Embrace the Suck
SC300
598 Posts
lol, a certain buddy of mines (COUGH) ptballer :lol: had real bad camber wear after slammin his ride.

have an alignment done. his tires wore to nylons cuz of the bad alignment

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
Yeah I have Tokico & H&R's and I get uneven wear on my tires. It's really nothing too bad at all, but it's definately there. I had it aligned right after, so it's not like I did anything wrong. Totally worth it though.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
really? wow, I havent noticed uneven wear at all on my snow tires or my falkens... I even took it to belle tire and told them it was lowered and they had no problem adjusting the camber to factory specs...

·
Registered
Toyota Camry
1,820 Posts
The first place I brought it the guy was like fuck no we cannot do an alignment on your car! There goes my business to him.

·
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, I'll get it installed then. Hopefully I can find an alignment place that will do that. Thanks everyone.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
I think you have belle tire down there right? they align lowered cars, theyre the ones that did mine;)

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,471 Posts
your fine. ive had 3 degrees of negative camber for a year now, and my tires are still fine.

·
4,180 Posts
My Experience

My Solara was lowered with Eibach/TRD and Tokico, the rear was 1.6 and the front I believe was 1.2, I did get a camber kit but my tires wore out evenly and lasted for a long time, no excessive or uneven wear whatsoever.

My Camry is lowered with Eibach/TRD and Tokico and has a 1.25 drop all around, no camber kit necessary, normal alignments to Toyota specs and tire wear is even and long lasting. Jon.

p.s. I bought a 5 year alignment package from Merchants/Tire Kingdom/NTB for $170 unlimited plus a lifetime rotation/balancing/road hazard package for $20 for each tire. It didn't hurt that I had a 50% off alignment/alignment package coupon so I only paid $85 :whatwhat:

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm lowered quite a bit on coilovers and have never had a camber problem. My alignment has always been in the green. And I agree with JMS, you can get an alignment package. I have lifetime alignments at Firestone for $179 as long as you own your car. I go once a year and after every suspension modification.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts