Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Definitely a neat car....Has spunk and looks...Our first one is white and has a suggested list of $17,177. Not bad for the price range. Quality is typical Toyota and should do well. By the way the sunroofs are cool

·
Registered
37 Posts
Excuse my ignorance...but where is Delray Beach?

(I'm guessing Cali...but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's somewhere on the East Coast....so I know they're getting closer......)

:rolleyes:

::This waiting around for the car is killing me....I'm almost contemplating grabbing a flight to Cali next weekend just so I can finally see one and make a decision...lol...that's sad::

·
Registered
110 Posts
the first tCs hit the dealerships on the east coast this afternoon :)

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
Wow Loopy Lady you're definitely addicted to that car.

Dealerships want customer just like you. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
delray beach is located in South Florida. West Palm Beach to be exact. the TC we have is white. I know they make plenty of TRD parts for it already. Supercharger, Suspension, Brakes, Etc.
Should sell very well. You will all be happy with the car

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got to test drive a tC today. Flint Mica automatic with exhau$t package and side air bags. The exterior looks about like I expected--restrained sportiness. The fit and finish are great. The ride and handling is very nice--this feels like a quality car. The design of the 17" wheels are very cool.

I took it on a stretch of freeway that is heavily traveled by semis and even though the roadway is rough--and I was going 80 with 3 people in the car--the ride was fairly smooth and quiet. The (pleasant) sounding exhau$t system was only really noticeable under accelleration. No comparison to the Mazda 3 I drove an hour later on a quieter road. Even while coasting, the road noise in the Mazda was always apparent.

I didn't really try to adjust the sound system to my taste but my impression was the Mazda has a better sounding radio. I was prepared not to like the interior of the tC based on what I saw in the ad photos but it is actually quite nice. I don't like the little door over the radio--what's that for? I don't like the silver finish on the center console either because it extends up the dash and reflects glare into the driver's eyes. I think there is an optional finish kit for this though, so the glare problem could be easily rectified. The front seat backs really do fold down flat and the rear seats recline so you and your friend can enjoy a "conversation".

My biggest disappointment was the roof. There is nothing but a thin piece of vinyl between the glass and the interior of the car. The roof acts as a huge solar collector and the flimsy vinyl gets scorching hot and radiates heat into the interior. Does anyone in this forum have experience with such a set up? I'd love to know how you live with this because this one design flaw would be a deal breaker for me--it might be fine for someone up in Seattle though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow Loopy Lady you're definitely addicted to that car. Dealerships want customer just like you.
Actually, they must not because I called 4 SCION dealerships (even one that is 4 hours away from me), and they don't have a thing available. They have all pre-sold every freaking car...........................................................

Best case scenario, I was told one dealership will have ONE available in three weeks (if THAT one doesn't pre-sell too).

Funny thing is, I'd probably be willing to put money down for the car if they had one I could at least LOOK and and SIT in....I wouldn't even need to test drive it. But I'm not promising out about $17/18K, sight unseen.

If this car really looks as sweet as I've heard, you'd think the dealers would realize that having JUST ONE on the lot that they DON'T sell (I know, I know...their whole LIFE is about selling)....then they'd possibly get even MORE buyers b/c people will see and love the car. Who am I to question though, right?!? LOL.

Anyways, it seems like it'll be another month or so before I get my shot at one of these (and even longer if they don't get a 5spd in that doesn't have every option imaginable).

Until then, I'll just have to get my tC fix on the boards here, so keep the stories coming...PLEASE!!! :p:

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Sick of Martyrs said:
My biggest disappointment was the roof. There is nothing but a thin piece of vinyl between the glass and the interior of the car. The roof acts as a huge solar collector and the flimsy vinyl gets scorching hot and radiates heat into the interior. Does anyone in this forum have experience with such a set up? I'd love to know how you live with this because this one design flaw would be a deal breaker for me--it might be fine for someone up in Seattle though.
I know what you mean..for TX, this is a definate NO NO....man, i know those roof's are pre tinted not to allow UV rays, but if i owned a tc, i'd get it LIMO tinted on the top to reduce any greenhouse effect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know why the Scion dealers are making it so difficult to order the tCs. My boyfriend and I went into a dealer to test drive a demo car (black sand pearl / 5-speed) about two weeks ago. We both really liked the car and wanted to buy one but the dealers said they were only taking deposits on the car. They couldn't even specify when they think we will get the cars... maybe July... maybe August... maybe later. :(

When I asked whether we could order a customized (w/accessories, options, etc.) car, they said they couldn't do that. I was kinda bummed. Anyways... we did put a deposit down (refundable)... so now we are playing the waiting game. We are waiting for an automatic in black sand pearl or flint mica. Luckily for me... they said that the shipments from Scion are made up of about 65% automatics and 35% manuals.

Hopefully we will get one before the summer is over.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
This whole waiting thing could be a sale tactic.

Like that saying goes.

"People always want something that they can't have."

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would like to see a no sunroof option.

Less weight, and I HATE the sun (hey, my room has tinted windows, blinds, and black curtains, like a crypt)

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
They have a few here in Ann Arbor (Detroit Mi area) and they are just dying to get rid of them. They wish more people would come in and order them. I don't know what the issue is with the deaerships in your areas.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Imasaf, I hope your numbers are off a bit....I just put a deposit down on Tuesday for a manual, Flint Mica tC. They said they'd have a better idea next week on when their next allotment will be. I'm hoping they can order within two weeks and I'll have it by Mid or Late-August. ::Fingers Crossed::

Also, I don't know exactly what you were looking for in options, but my dealer sat down and went through the "build your scion" feature at www.scion.com. He printed out what I wanted, including the auto-dimming mirror (we didn't see the cupholder illumination option on it, though) and when my name comes up on the list he's gonna' call me, verify it's still what I want, and get it ordered.

Maybe that is just a sales pitch? ::Shrug::

...Hopefully they're not gonna' screw around with people on the waiting list and pass other cars onto people who step on the lot, if you know what I mean.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
LoopyLady_1

So are you going to drive by the dealership lot every other day to make sure the first Flint Mica tC get on the lot is yours? :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nope... the figures are correct 65/35. The Scion guy actually showed us the # of cars Scion will ship to California (or maybe the west coast... don't remember). Silver was the highest produced color, black, etc.... (I don't remember the rest).

Anyways... maybe things are different in other parts of the US. I guess maybe Scions are more popular in California because we have so many dealerships. More recognition = more demand

I think what's gonna suck is that if my black automatic comes in... but has other options added to it... I would have to buy it unless I was willing to wait again.

Anyways... I don't think any of the dealers can control what they get. Mine seems to think that the higher selling dealerships will have priority. If thats the case... I'm not in too bad of shape. My dealer is #1 in San Diego and #5 in California. I almost went with Longo Scion (Los Angeles) because they were #1 Scion dealer in the Nation. :) Anyways... I didn't feel like driving 2 hours to pick up my car or take it into service.

·
Registered
37 Posts
LoopyLady_1

So are you going to drive by the dealership lot every other day to make sure the first Flint Mica tC get on the lot is yours?
Nah...I might really want the car, but I'm not THAT psychotic about it. At least...not yet. :p:

·
Registered
99 Camry
131 Posts
imasaf said:
Oh... I forgot... I found this website from another string. You can buy the accessories (including the cupholder) for your tC here. I have not done business with them yet so I don't know what their reputation is. :)

http://www.partznet.com/toyota/scion/accessories/tchomepage.html
Seems to be a lot cheaper than getting them installed at the dealer :nutkick:

I just wish they had the XM radio, because I'd like to keep the factory look and functionality of the built-in system, but I don't want to shell out $700 for it when I can get a full setup for $150.

Edit: I've got another link to add. They have the TRD strut/springs and other TRD parts available!

http://toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/
-Joel

1 - 20 of 36 Posts