Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official TN Asshole
85 yota/ 99 audi s4
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't read anywhere yet on whether its good or not to remove the sway bar..but i figured since my nwor setup was so stiff, it wouldn't hurt to try..so i did, drove it...it actually drives a little nicer, not much...and then and went to test the flex out..
i figure i got another 4-6" before the rear tires come off the ground cuz they're still stiff...

is this common, taking the bar off? i think it helped quite a bit..

pics

tucks the 33s a little bit more..
http://i7.tinypic.com/2nlfk80.jpg

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
taking of the sway bar is fine. it will cause more roll in the pickup, but as long as you remember that you will be fine. i took the sway bar off my '90 and it does great without it.

Cam

·
Official TN Asshole
85 yota/ 99 audi s4
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats what i figured, and i also took into consideration my springs are quite stiff...i drove it today afterward, and took some corners, and theres actually just a little more roll, which i like now...before, it was super stiff, and on dirt it seemed like it'd slide more than put some weight into the outside tire and hook up a little...

so i'm pretty happy w/ it so far..

the amount of roll is very little still...so thats good..

·
Registered
4 toyotas
1,045 Posts
your learning !!!-- if you want articulation, take the sway bar off---- not needed !!!!!!
next--- the 'pinch weld' seam in the inner fender well/firewall-- sharp and can cut your tire at full lock/compressed===== take a big hammer and flatten the pinch weld.

at full drop== check for enough brake line slack on the front brakes---- you soon will need to get longer brake lines---- braided steel

·
Registered
4 toyotas
1,045 Posts
and you went with a longer shock !!!!!!
you are gittin the idea !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts