Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Camry up to around 100 MPH passing on the interstate.
Anyone know the top speed for the 2.5 Liter?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Not listed for the GEN6.5 2.5.

Was 127 mph for the GEN6 2.4 automatic.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,248 Posts
i4 shuts down at 125...v6 is good for 145.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,248 Posts
u need to check the speed rating for your tires too.
toyota sets their speed limiters at just shy of the factory tires speed rateing. For example the V6 shuts down at 145..and the stock tires are V rated for 149

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,248 Posts
^ wish I can go that fast. Too many cars here and they drive all over doing all kind of speed.
ive toped out my 2010 V6...And my grandfathers new 2011 I4, so i know from personal expariance. Aha

·
Registered
19 Posts
ive toped out my 2010 V6...And my grandfathers new 2011 I4, so i know from personal expariance. Aha
yea i tryed to pass a cobra the other day and the guy wouldnt let me pass so i gun it right after him and the SE stayed back about 2 car lenghts till about 130 then i let out i was surprised the power in this car.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
yea i tryed to pass a cobra the other day and the guy wouldnt let me pass so i gun it right after him and the SE stayed back about 2 car lenghts till about 130 then i let out i was surprised the power in this car.
Wonder what speed limit is the cobra? If you two can keep the same distance, you are running the same speed!

Just read the news, bad accident happened to the cop. His patrol car rolled over when he tried to chase the group of motorcycles (doing 100+ mph). Pissed off, two of them returned to the scene, not helping him but laghing at him while he was bleeding and stucking in his car!

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,248 Posts
yea the camry pulls real hard untill about 120..once it shifts into 6th it kinda bogs down

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Does a power chip make a difference?
Thanks for the responses.
Oh yes! Get one. It will increase horsepower by 20% and the gas mileage improves by 5 mpg.:headbang:

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,838 Posts
not helping him but laghing at him while he was bleeding and stucking in his car!
:facepalm: they should still help him out.. and than maybe make a run for it.

Can't reach my top speed around here. 1 drop of rain and everyone crawl at 1mph. :facepalm:

lease was up.
That's better than totaled. :chug:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts