Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just wondering what top speed have you pushed your car to?

Over the weekend I tried to push it to 200 km/h on a rural highway (no cars and long straightaway) but couldn't make it! :eek:: I got it to 190 km/h and it took a long time from 180... I was basically flooring it too... could it be my 18" rims?

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Hmm for the ES I reall haven't pushed it much... I would say Joisey(New Jersey) Turnpike going 90mph

my old 91 Soarer, it was around 140mph, on US 92 in between Daytona and De Land

·
Registered
25 Posts
lolz... it really shows how underpowered the IS really is..

I have pushed mine to 240KM/H..(On my 19s) was still slowly pulling but didnt want to get in trouble. Your 18s shouldnt play too big of a role. its only a plus 1 size to your OEM rims.

Maybe you should start doing engine mods.. maybe an intake?

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had a full load in the car at that time too... 2 other people and packed with fishing gear :p:

And it was still accelerating... except the straightaway ended and it was taking much longer than I had expected so I just gave up... will try again with a lighter load next time.

·
There is no substitute.
8,027 Posts
You don't test your top speed with full load and people in the car. :disappoin

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol... I wasn't testing my top speed... just wanted to hit 200 km/h... just to see what it felt like :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
feels like heaven...:lol: I want to see what 300KMh feels like..

when i get my Ferrari :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I pushed my sc400 to 130mph( not sure in kmh). The car was still pulling strong but I backed off because I didn't realize I was going that fast. I was racing a friend so I didn't expect my car to be that stable at high speeds. Next thing I look down it's 128...129...130mph.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Prius
371 Posts
I did try around 210km/h with my mon is300....in 401

that time is my fastest time ever.....from scarborough to hamilton just 40 min....

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
joshthorsc said:
I pushed my sc400 to 130mph( not sure in kmh). The car was still pulling strong but I backed off because I didn't realize I was going that fast. I was racing a friend so I didn't expect my car to be that stable at high speeds. Next thing I look down it's 128...129...130mph.
LOL don't you hate that... when your speeding your ass off the car is moving along smooth like your only doing 30-50 and when you realize what speed your actually going you feel all the vibrations and everything as you push the engine?

·
Official IS dude
46 Posts
Hit about 218km/h, glanced at the speedo just under 220... on the 407... and u are right it takes quite a while after you hit 190

just had to break 200 once in my life... something i will never do again.. nor recommend anyone try

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I have read people hitting 220-225 KM/H on their IS without much problems.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
LOL don't you hate that... when your speeding your ass off the car is moving along smooth like your only doing 30-50 and when you realize what speed your actually going you feel all the vibrations and everything as you push the engine?
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Sometimes I'm on the freeway and look down and my speed, I'm doing like 90mph. I normally cruise at 70mph so 90mph is too fast for me at cruising speed. But the thing is, my car was very stable at 130mph. It had very little vibration and it felt like I was only doing 80-90mph.

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:nono: That's pretty dangerous... we're not talking about street racing or travelling at high speeds in traffic. :disappoin

·
Registered
25 Posts
The speedo in my 1997 ES300 only goes up to 220kmh, and I had it pinned, so I have no idea how fast it was going. The speedo in my 1989 Acura Legend Coupe went up to 250kmh, and I had it up to 230kmh before backing off. Both cars are very stable at that speed, but the Legend had more vibration, obviously. Kinda scary, but I had to try.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,685 Posts
I can't imagine those bikers going over 200 kmh with all that vibration. I heard you get sucked towards a semi-truck because of the backdraft of wind from the trailers.

Other than that, I don't own a Lexus, but I do own a van. I couldn't top 90 mph in that sucker, it felt like it was staggering in that speed. My uncle drove his S2000 with me in it and reached over 120 mph in a mile at my neighborhood. With his top down and all, I freaked out. :confused:
I don't think I wanna go over 120 mph in a convertible again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You're a wuss.:D j/k.
I've done over 120mph in a Mercedes SL top down and it was rock stable, no wind, man.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts