Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
2020 Corolla SE 6MT
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't know if this has been talked about yet so I'm sorry if it's a repost. We've known about the AMT tune, but now there is a new one from Tork Motorsports with actual dyno charts and videos currently being tested.

Highlights include 15-20ft-lbs of torque and 12-19hp increases, 7500 redline on manual cars, and removing the top speed limiter. Initial price is $595 and shipping. Pop and bangs is being worked on as well since a lot of people seem to like that.

Seems like testing is currently being done on manual cars only with CVT tuning soon on the horizon.

I think this is awesome, and exciting as more companies are working on this platform 馃槃

straight cash homie
I'd be careful with Tork, they have a less than stellar reputation in the tuning community (Hyundai, Kia, Fiat, Focus/Fiesta ST)

Registered
'21 Corolla Apex SE - 6mt
I'd be careful with Tork, they have a less than stellar reputation in the tuning community (Hyundai, Kia, Fiat, Focus/Fiesta ST)

Was literally just posting that
.... just read the reviews

Registered
2020 Corolla SE 6MT
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Was literally just posting that
.... just read the reviews
Damn that鈥檚 a shame to see. I guess we will see what happens in the coming months though. Here is a dyno chart though if anyone wanted to see what they've got cooking:

Registered
It is a lot more agreeable in the price section than AMT ... like half as much

Registered
2019 Camry SE
This is promising. The price is right in line with where it should be. Good results on a NA 2.0 engine! The AMT tune was dead on arrival with the outrageous price they were charging. Hopefully competition will drive their price down to a reasonable amount.

I'm not too worried about the negative feedback posted above. You can find just as many positive experiences about their company. I'm in for results on the CVT. Please keep us posted.

Registered
2020 Corolla SE 6MT
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is promising. The price is right in line with where it should be. Good results on a NA 2.0 engine! The AMT tune was dead on arrival with the outrageous price they were charging. Hopefully competition will drive their price down to a reasonable amount.

I'm not too worried about the negative feedback posted above. You can find just as many positive experiences about their company. I'm in for results on the CVT. Please keep us posted.
here is the full brief

Registered
I could get 2 tunes and still have mod money left vs amt price and I do like the raised redline confused still why amt said 7500 on the phone to me and did 6950 instead 馃

Registered
2019 Camry SE
I'll wait to see if the 93 octane tune + midsection exhaust upgrade proves worthwhile on the dyno vs the 91 octane tune. The 91 octane dyno looks great. Kudos to Tork Motorsports for giving the community actual dyno graphs to verify their claims. I like seeing the tuned wheel horsepower number at above the crank horsepower rating the car comes with.

19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
Tork Motorsports' OBDII port flashing tools / Remote ECU flashing rigs might look like this:

Tork Motorsports
April 13 at 1:25 PM

"Ok, that is a lot of 1st and 2nd Gen 1.6 turbo remote ECU flashing rigs!

We are getting serious about tuning the 1.6T engine so if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us."

We should try to get a group buy going, for about $400 each.

Registered
2019 Camry SE
I sent an email to Tork Motorports inviting them to join the forum. Perhaps they would be willing to comment directly to the community regarding any questions we have about their tune.

Registered
Tork Motorsports' OBDII port flashing tools / Remote ECU flashing rigs might look like this:

Tork Motorsports
April 13 at 1:25 PM

"Ok, that is a lot of 1st and 2nd Gen 1.6 turbo remote ECU flashing rigs!

We are getting serious about tuning the 1.6T engine so if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us."

View attachment 333309

We should try to get a group buy going, for about $500 each.
K but I'm only doing 500 cad

Reactions: invader

straight cash homie
I sent an email to Tork Motorports inviting them to join the forum. Perhaps they would be willing to comment directly to the community regarding any questions we have about their tune.
Curious if Autoguide has issues with them since they have been around other AG forums

Registered
2019 Camry SE
I'm in for a group buy if it becomes a thing.

Registered
Th
Curious if Autoguide has issues with them since they have been around other AG forums
To be fair I'd be more worried about reliability on a turbo with afr being so important, na I have more faith.

Registered
2020 Corolla SE 6MT
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i read quite a bit from that threat and it's honestly pretty damning. at this point, not sure how everyone else feels, i'm definitely going to wait it out and see what happens. i guess a glimmer of hope is that this is NA compared to turbo tuning, like mentioned here, i would have a little more faith just because of that at least.

19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
i read quite a bit from that threat and it's honestly pretty damning. at this point, not sure how everyone else feels, i'm definitely going to wait it out and see what happens. i guess a glimmer of hope is that this is NA compared to turbo tuning, like mentioned here, i would have a little more faith just because of that at least.
Yes, John 馃懝 Bushbaum of Tork Motorsports is not to be trusted at all with our money, ECU, and engine... We better just forget about this.

We really oughta try getting a group buy on this highly effective upgrade instead:

Progress Technology, 62.2152, rear anti sway bar, 2019 Toyota Corolla, C-HR Rear (progressauto.com)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts