Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tornado Gas Saving Device. Is it any good?

3K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  lZl jody lZl 
#1 ·
I am considering installing a Tornado Gas Saving device in my trucks intake. I am not a speed freak and I would very much rather save gas than having a pocket rocket truck. In that sense, would that device be a good gas-saving option? It costs $69.99 at Pep Boys. I would appreciate any experiences or insights. I am really trying to find ways to save gas in both of my vehicles.

#7 ·
AZFIRE06 said:
What I have researched it doesn't work. If it did, I think the car companies would consider it to boost milage. They are always under the gun to improve mpg.

yep

This and the k&n are a waste of $$$

#8 ·
DO NOT BUY! .... IF YOU DO, I have some turnsignal fluid I can sell you for a great price...these trucks really use it fast.

Seriously man, save your money...worthless junk

#11 ·
rifle said:
It is a gimmick:thumbdown . I have a H2, this has been brought up many times on the Hummer website.

who the fark buys a hummer then tries to save a dollar or 2 on gas :lol:

#12 ·
Even if it did work on certain vehicles I don't think it would work with ours, because there are tons of baffles in the air box that would just disrupt any "tornado" of air before it gets to the throttle body or intake manifold. If you lift up that beauty panel on the top of the engine you can see the route that the air takes before it gets to the throttle body.

#14 ·
#19 ·
NESW20 said:
it's complete BS. i'm sure half of the reason the people that buy them claim they work is so they don't feel foolish for wasting money on it.
-Mike
I agree. like when somebody buys a car that gets upgraded with 50 more hp the next year. they still love their car b/c they're still paying on it. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.