Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fifteen and i just got my camry yesterday. It's a 98 LE. My question is what exactly is the difference between the LE, XLE, and the CE?

·
A Poor College Student
1994 Camry Sedan LE
354 Posts
It's mostly just what all comes standard. Follow the link in my sig, then the "links" section on the left menu bar to get to Autotrader's car comparson. Tha main differences are standard equipment, like engine, abs, a/c, power everything. More subtle differences are that you could probably buy a CE with everything the XLE has, but won't have special body trim (if there is any).

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i've seen CE's but never understood what it really was. But yea well for gen3's which are 92-96 the diffrence between LE and XLE are the XLE has tweeters on the door built in. Has a button for the air circulation thingy instead of a switch. also has 15 inch alloys compared to hubcaps. thats the main diffrence between my dad's XLE and my LE. I'm sure gen4's are similar.

on i also found out that LE dont have moonroof as a standard. its on option but XLE will always come with it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
bowlofturtle said:
i've seen CE's but never understood what it really was. But yea well for gen3's which are 92-96 the diffrence between LE and XLE are the XLE has tweeters on the door built in. Has a button for the air circulation thingy instead of a switch. also has 15 inch alloys compared to hubcaps. thats the main diffrence between my dad's XLE and my LE. I'm sure gen4's are similar.

on i also found out that LE dont have moonroof as a standard. its on option but XLE will always come with it.
basically you hit it on da head thats pretty much the major differences i can think of being i have the v6 xle

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
But yea well for gen3's which are 92-96 the diffrence between LE and XLE are the XLE has tweeters on the door built in.
My first XLE had em. My LE didn't, But the XLE i have now doesn't so I guess it's not standard. Obviously an option.

·
Old fogey
1,429 Posts
CE is crap edition, LE is luxury edition, and XLE is extra luxury edition... at least that's how I like to think of it. :lol: But yeah maggotdecay is right. The options differ and they'll vary form year to year. If you're familiar with Honda's at all, you can sorta compare CE = DX LE = LX and XLE = EX. Although back in the day, they had the DX Camry too.... gets confusing after a while.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For Gen3's, the tweeters are optional...I have a 94 LE and my dad has a 94 V6XLE...the XLE has a bigger center console, a sunroof, and the V6

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
xle power seats/leather/moonroof/ABS/Wheels
LE (V6) has most as options. Leather in a LE was a dealer installed option usually, not factory.

The SE Manual is the one to get.

BTW, console sizes in 93 are identical between LE and XLE. Everything interchanges just colors are different.

·
Sold out for a Max
1,266 Posts
I started drivin @ 15. But then again. I've totalled two camrys. :lol: Another option that my friend Admiral was pretty pissed about is the red auxilary light on the front doors. All of my Gen3s have had them but his Gen3.5 doesn't. The v6 also has the parking brake on the floor, so there you go. Larger center console. I've never seen a Gen3 camry with dual power seats. Mine just has driver's side.

·
Registered
Camry
1,463 Posts
Marvelicious:
SE, they still make them...it's the manual tran that went away, not available on v-6. Also have largest engine 3.2 vs 3.0.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
ce=3spd auto 5spd manual 4cylinder no power windows am/fm radio 14inch wheels hub caps no cruise control manual rear view mirrors

le=v6/i4 abs/nonabs 4spd auto/5spd power windows fm/am tape
15/14inch rims or alloys cruise control power rear view mirrors
optional 8 speaker system leather seats sunroof

xle=all of the above standard

se= sport edition tighter suspension fully adjustable seats heated mirrors heated seats am/fm cd/tape player

i think that's it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts