Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just thought i should share this with you, i totalled my gen3 94. The body damage is very massive, but the good thing is i do body work so it should take a couple of weeks to be back to normal. I recked it doing 65mph on the freeway, slamming into a ford truck. I got out of the accident with only a little bit of a headache from the collision. So camry unibodies work wonders with major accidents. I would rate this car 5 stars for getting out of a big accident alive.

I'll post pics later of the body after the work is done on it. Probably next week or so.

here's the pics from the accident.

·
Banning is an art.
1992 Camry V6 LE
3,269 Posts
Good to hear you're alive!!! A car can be replaced, but not a life....

For a highway accident, it actually doesn't look *too* bad...right by that fender, it's pretty empty there, as long as you have no structural damage. Oh, you should go to the doctors and check yourself out, especially with a headache. Problems can crop up days later.

Oh, and please don't say this is a Camry curse...99.9% of the people in the Camry forum drives a Camry, what else would you get into an accident with? :rolleyes: And besides, 80% of the members here in TN are probably 18-25, which probably have the highest rate of accidents.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Damn that sux, but like you said u know how to do body works, so bringing it back shouldn't be much of a financial headache.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
glad to hear you're okay :thumbup:

but I know the reason why you got into an accident.....your spoiler made you do it...take it off while you're doing the body work.....

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ lol i plan on it... that was just something to test... I wanted to see if a raised wing would do well in steering... as i can tell all it did was act like a damn sail lol. But yeah i'm fine, and no its not a curse... lol. The ford had a big dent the size of my fender in the side of his truck other than that it was drivable... my car however wasn't due to the fender damage... it bent the body in-word to where the strut was bent at an angle. So i got a hydralic body repair kit and pulled the body back out and popped all the dents out using the good 'ol steel stones used back in the "old days" and the body is ready for bondo, new headlight/tail lights, and a new fender and a paint job and we're good to go! :D

·
1993 Camry XLE
93 CamXLE/73 Lincoln
1,083 Posts
See, it all worked out in the end. Can't go wrong with a new paint job.;)

Are those hubcaps? Looks like it but I can't tell. Just goes to show that the camry did so well that you didn't even loose a hubcap.

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually its quite funny really... after all the spinning and slamming into another vehicle at 65mph all the damage was to the strut and frame... i drove it straight down the shoulder of the freeway about another 2 1/2 miles to park it in the lot to pick it up later, the funny part being the ride was smooth as hell... no ounce of rough steering/bounce.

Update:

So today we popped out the trunk and fixed the frame and there was NO strut damage... everything is perfect. The only thing wrong that we couldn't fix was the fender skin. So we're going out to buy a new fender this week and slap it on... go camrys!

·
Watch for finger....
CAMRY
1,348 Posts
good thing everthing is ok... when you told me that you got in an accident i wasnt expecting it to be that bad... but at least you got it all fixed up...

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah bro... i should be out and drivin with ya by the end of this month for sure... then hittin up firebird quick! just give me time.... oh btw... how much were you going to sell those clear taillights to me for?

·
Registered
1994 Camry V6 LE
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
new pics of progress coming tomorrow. so far we have all the major dents out, new fender, new mirrors, body kit being put on to replace the messed up OEM bumpers it should all be on (hopefully) tomorrow. (sat.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yea Camrys are bad ass when it comes to getin hit... ive totaled a mustang with mine lol
i was sitting at a stop light and a mustang slamed into the back of me .. my car barely looked like it got hit but the mustangs front end was GONE! lol P.O.S. Ford lol

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
^ same thing happened in my neighborhood right at the entrance, someone parked a gen 3 on the curb and this youg kid in a mustang came flying in, im pretty sure they totalled that mustang after he hit the Camry but the person that owned the Camry still hasnt fixed the one busted up tail light, thats all it had!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.