Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i never learn, right now i feel like i never want to drive again because ill just screw up like this, i was going about 80 up a hill ive driven many times along side this (cute) girl in a white civic, and we get to the top of the hill and i have to slow down cause of a car up ahead and i give it way too much brake pedal and spin out really bad, i managed to fly through a gap between a telephone pole and a guide wire barely bigger than the car, and flew about 10 feet and dropped 6 feet from where the yard is lower than the road, i walked away, scratched up from the airbags but other than that im fine, somehow, i dont think i want to drive ever again

·
Registered
443 Posts
that Sucks, but doing 80 up a hill where you could come up a on a car without ample time to brake is not a smart thing. Braking on a hill isalso a tricky thing. see if you hit the top of the hill and slam the brakes, your going to do somthing like a spin. see the car is overall, lighter at the top of the hill, and most of the time the back wheels has most of the mas of the car to deal with. with is as a factor it tends to throw car's around.

Live Lern Drive, Time and Fuckups = Experance.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, weve had only had the car for a few weeks, it was the first manual i have ever driven too, i dont like manuals anymore heh, my dad says i may have spun out because i didnt clutch

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a manual anyway lol! yeah

·
Registered
443 Posts
Celicas dont realy spin due to bad shifting. (altho dowshiting before a turn then throwing the car to a side will let you do a nice little slide)

the best thing you can do in any car, (with or without ABS) is to take it to a parking lot, or some where safe, hit bout 40-50 MPH and Hit the Brakes... if u dont have ABS, getuseto hiting the brakes as hard as you can and slowing the car down, withoutlocking them up.

as for ABS do the same but try to find the threshold between ABS and no ABS, (FYI, you can out brake an ABS system on Dry Roads, not wet)

another thing, Brakes are about the most dangerous thing you have on a car. people crash BC of Brakes more often then any other part of a car. you see a mottor is dangerous too (get you up to speed) but using your brakes at the wrong time, or in the wrong way is 10x more dangerous becuse 9 times out of ten if somthing is going wrong and ur using ur brakes, you dont have Control

1 - 7 of 7 Posts