Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a scratch on my 2000 tundra in which i used primer, touch up paint ( thunder grey metallic color) and clear coat. I sanded it back down to level surface with the truck. The color of the touch up paint is a little darker (more grey) than the surronding paint (which is a grey with slight purple hue). Anybody recommend a polish, rubbing compound, or any other that I can use to blend it in with the surrounding paint? Thanks!

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Did you get the paint from the dealership? Thats what I do. It's usually a perfect match. Always shake up the paint bottle good before using it.

I don't think there's any way that polish can make two colors blend. But polish can smooth out the area and get rid of any haze from the sanding process.

·
Registered
'07 Toyota 4Runner
42 Posts
Aggressive! Any time you sand, paint, and clear your own vehicles, you have some serious stones.

Buffing compounds are typically available at professional auto paint stores. 3M Perfect it II is what I would use with a wool pad, then the same stuff with a foam finishing pad. From there, to get perfect, try our Swirl & Haze Remover, Revive Polish, etc.

3M is the #1 name in buffing compounds, and we can't compete in that arena at all.

Good luck, and take photos!:thumbup:

-Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you get the paint from the dealership? Thats what I do. It's usually a perfect match. Always shake up the paint bottle good before using it.

I don't think there's any way that polish can make two colors blend. But polish can smooth out the area and get rid of any haze from the sanding process.
Yeah I shook it well everytime. I used a dark colored primer but that shouldn't matter after a couple coats of touch up paint right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts