Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to decide between the touring and limited models. My only concern is the engine sound enhancement (ESE). I like the looks of the touring better and the active suspension and noise cancelling but am concerned the ESE will get annoying over time. I understand the limited doesn’t have the ESE and is therefore quieter in the cabin. Has anyone who bought the touring wish they bought the limited because they got tired of the engine intake noise in the cabin over time?

·
Avalon Owner
185 Posts
When shopping for my Avalon I drove both versions. I picked the Limited, but not because it was quieter than the Touring. I actually noticed no difference in the sound between the two except when the Touring was in Sport/Sport+ mode. Since I mostly drive using the normal setting it wouldn't have made any difference.

There are times when I wished I'd bought the Touring instead of the Limited...no rational reason why though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have no regrets on my Limited. The ESE and paddle shifts are gimmicks. 19' wheels are asking for curb rashes and potholes are more of a concern than ever.

I do think about the Hybrid Limited from time to time though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. I test drove the XSE over the weekend in normal mode and found the ESE to be loud under acceleration. I test drove the limited awhile back and found it to be quieter under acceleration. I also test drove the TRD model and while it was engaging to drive, the engine noise was way too loud for my liking. Thinking I’ll stick with the limited because I don’t drive my cars like sports cars—I once got 99k out of a single set of tires so you can imagine how I drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the Avalon Limited month ago. I drove both, as I am in 50's I prefer nicer and quite ride. Touring was noisy and I could feel every bump on the road, don't care for sport's ride at this age. Better smother ride and quite car, was the decision for me. It has enough power to go in sports mode if someone is itching. LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Main source of the already sparse highway noise will likely be 75% wind and 25% road noise. Unlikely that you’ll get a big difference between just due to ESE. However the limited Suspension is far more comfortably tuned yet it still handles quite well when you challenge it.

Personally I could never do the black grille as the difference vs the limited is like night and day. I love the limited grille and am turned off by the touring one.

·
TableRocked
181 Posts
The real wood trim in the Limited and leather, as well as I wanted a hybrid, the limited with ASP was an optimal choice and one I don't regret.

·
Look beyond the marque
166 Posts
Buy the Limited. Include the cost of the Adaptive Struts (from the Touring) and install in the purchase price, and keep the struts- that were taken off- in case the adaptive dampers fail early or you don't like them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts